Encampment special training

Started by Jester, July 03, 2017, 06:26:31 PM

Jester

How does your encampment train its staff/cadre?  What kind of requirements do you have for them to apply? 

Specifically, can anyone shoot me curriculum materials for training staffers outside of RST?  Anything for training officers?  A webinar was announced for last spring and. Ever happened to my knowledge.

Ned

The webinars definitely happened.  The one for Training Officers was June 8th, and was pretty well attended  -- 30-50 participants if I recall correctly.  Stay in touch with the Cadet Blog for the latest news and information.

Looking in our Best Practices Exchange, I don't see anything specific to cadre / training officer training.  Hmmm.

Here is a link to the CAWG Encampment Training Manual.  I think you will find the information in Chapters 8 (cadre selection exercise), 9 (pre-encampment), 16 (health and safety), 17 (Cadre SOP), and 18 (the training officer) particularly helpful.

Does anyone out there have the specific training schedules for the cadres and training officers used for your encampment this year?

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager

Jester

I like to think I keep a pretty good eye on when things like that are happening and I never saw anything past "webinars are coming this spring".  I just looked and didn't see it posted in LMS with other webinars.  I don't know what the lead time is on that kind of thing but it would be nice to have handy for summer encampment season (I assume the busiest one). 

Of course, the new encampment manual was published with little fanfare (that I saw, I stumbled on it while perusing CAWG's site for something unrelated), with no summary of changes or when it will be in effect. 

I'll be digging into the links you provided.  Thanks!