Awarded the Senior Rating for Administration Officer

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, June 10, 2017, 01:28:26 AM

West MI-CAP-Ret

:clap:

Last night my eServices training record was upgraded to reflect that on 7 Jun 2017 i received my Senior Rating for Administration Officer! 

I've been close to getting a senior rating in two other jobs but was pulled off to do something else.  i always figured I'd get my senior rating sooner or later.  Then my multiple sclerosis started to worsen and I feared I would now run out of time.

Do what needs to be done now, because no one is guaranteed tomorrow... 

Now, how do I get awarded the Grover Loening Award (which I assume will give me my Level III training needed to be promoted)?

It's been a long hard road, and [size=78%]this group has been a huge help and I'm grateful for those of you who were patient with me.[/size]

Warmly, Capt David J. D'Arcy, CAP (123070)
MI-703 West Michigan Group
Administration and Historian Officer

MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Holding Pattern

Bravo! I should look into getting my senior rating in IT before someone tightens up the rules...

Ozzy

Quote from: DemonOps on June 10, 2017, 01:28:26 AM
Now, how do I get awarded the Grover Loening Award (which I assume will give me my Level III training needed to be promoted)?

Congrats!

Once your PD Officer or Commander submits level III on eServices, it'll have to get higher approval. Once that's done, the Grover Loening Award should be awarded on eServices automatically. A member of my squadron and I just received our level III a few weeks ago and the Grover Loening Award is now showing up for us... I looked for the way to input it on eServices but it wasn't anywhere and I know nobody else in my squadron put us in for it.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Eclipse

Congrats, I know it was a pretty challenge to get everything done!

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Ozzy on June 10, 2017, 02:55:22 AM
I looked for the way to input it on eServices but it wasn't anywhere and I know nobody else in my squadron put us in for it.

There is a module in eServices for PD Award entry that is only accessible to commanders and PD officers. All of the data for the award is entered there and approved at the group and wing levels.

Demon, make sure that you get with your PD officer or commander so that they know to submit your level 3.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Ozzy

Quote from: jeders on June 12, 2017, 01:11:32 PM
I looked for the way to input it on eServices but it wasn't anywhere and I know nobody else in my squadron put us in for it.

There is a module in eServices for PD Award entry that is only accessible to commanders and PD officers. All of the data for the award is entered there and approved at the group and wing levels.

Yes, that is the PD Award Entry module, but that is to get awarded the PD levels. There isn't a separate module for award of PD Awards, they just show up once you hit the requirements, such as getting your first tech rating, being awarded your level III, etc.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

jeders

Quote from: Ozzy on June 12, 2017, 02:10:44 PM
Quote from: jeders on June 12, 2017, 01:11:32 PM

Yes, that is the PD Award Entry module, but that is to get awarded the PD levels. There isn't a separate module for award of PD Awards, they just show up once you hit the requirements, such as getting your first tech rating, being awarded your level III, etc.

The level and the award are one in the same.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

jeders

MacGruff

Quote from: DemonOps on June 10, 2017, 01:28:26 AM
:clap:

Last night my eServices training record was upgraded to reflect that on 7 Jun 2017 i received my Senior Rating for Administration Officer! 

I've been close to getting a senior rating in two other jobs but was pulled off to do something else.  i always figured I'd get my senior rating sooner or later.  Then my multiple sclerosis started to worsen and I feared I would now run out of time.

Do what needs to be done now, because no one is guaranteed tomorrow... 

It's been a long hard road, and [size=78%]this group has been a huge help and I'm grateful for those of you who were patient with me.[/size]

Warmly, Capt David J. D'Arcy, CAP (123070)
MI-703 West Michigan Group
Administration and Historian Officer

Congratulations on that achievement!

Curious, did you meet the other requirements for Level 3? Besides the Senior rating in any specialty track, you also need to have completed Level 2; Served in a staff assignment for at least one year; attended CLC; and attended TWO Wing, Region, or National Conferences.

Once all of those are recorded in the PD module in e-services (job for your PDO); then the PDO submits the Level 3 which is approved at Squadron and Wing levels. I do not know how Michigan wing addresses this, but in several other wings, the Wing Commander takes great pleasure in awarding the certificate in person. However, once it's approved (whether or not the certificate was handed to you) you are considered to have earned the award and  can wear the ribbon.