Largest/Smallest Encampments

Started by jfkspotting, May 30, 2017, 11:22:59 PM

jfkspotting

I know that certain encampments have an allotted size, as per a number of cadets accepted.

Wha tare the largest and smallest routinely, encampments here at CAP?

I'd imagine AR/VA/CA/CT are the largest, with PR/AK and the District of Columbia the smallest.

How large is your encampment?

SarDragon

I ran one 30 years ago with 20 cadets. We had a collection of cadets from three overseas units in Japan.

I was also involved in a Type B encampment with about that number back in 1973.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: jfkspotting on May 30, 2017, 11:22:59 PM
I'd imagine AR/VA/CA/CT are the largest

Why?  CAWG? Yes.

The others, no.

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Why?  You could probably get census information from National

I know that certain encampments have an allotted size, as per a number of cadets accepted.

Wha tare the largest and smallest routinely, encampments here at CAP?

I'd imagine AR/VA/CA/CT are the largest, with PR/AK and the District of Columbia the smallest.

How large is your encampment?

Ozzy

Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on May 31, 2017, 03:39:59 AM
I'd imagine AR/VA/CA/CT are the largest

Why?  CAWG? Yes.

The others, no.

The size of the CAWG Encampment is determined by how many beds the facility we're using has available for us.

kirbahashi

DC (NATCAP) attends Tri-Wing Encampment.  Intended for MDWG, DEWG, and NATCAPWG.  Fairly large as it is combined.  If NATCAP it ran its' own (like it did WAY back) it would probably be pretty small.

I held a European Encampment in 2000.  If I remember right, there were 11 trainees.
There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk.

Tim Day

Virginia Wing's Encampment will have 234 students (18 flights of 13 cadets each). That's 20% larger than last year and we'll be full a month prior to Day 1, which tells me we may need to grow a little more or start doing a Winter Encampment.
Tim Day
Lt Col CAP
Prince William Composite Squadron Commander

GaryVC

I came across the "year" book for the first California Wing Encampment I attended in 1965. It was at Norton AFB in San Bernardino. The amazing thing about this encampment was not that it had 350 cadets, but that it lasted for 12 days.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: GaryVC on June 01, 2017, 03:25:04 PM
I came across the "year" book for the first California Wing Encampment I attended in 1965. It was at Norton AFB in San Bernardino. The amazing thing about this encampment was not that it had 350 cadets, but that it lasted for 12 days.

Your Cadet Commander from that encampment is coming to visit next month. He's still in CAP, a "50-Year" member.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

GaryVC

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on June 02, 2017, 08:20:31 AM
Quote from: GaryVC on June 01, 2017, 03:25:04 PM

Your Cadet Commander from that encampment is coming to visit next month. He's still in CAP, a "50-Year" member.

I noticed that the current California Wing CC was listed as a support Cadet Lt. He was my cadet "boss" two years later at encampment. His grand daughter is our cadet CC. He visited when she received her Mitchell earlier this year and I saw him again at the Pacific Region Conference in April.