NBB Statistics and Rumors

Started by TheCookieCadet, May 19, 2017, 06:17:56 PM

TheCookieCadet

I'm going to NBB this year, more'n likely.
I need to know some statistics- to impress (and to make sure I'm not a liar, using old info.)
Q. how many Cadets apply, what percentage get in?
Q. which Wing usually dominates yr to yr?
Those two would be a great start, PLEEEASE somebody answer!!

SarDragon

I don't have an answer for the first one.

Let's discuss the second one. What do you mean by "dominates"? This is not a competition. The question is pointless, because nobody really cares how many people show up from the different wings. As a guess, I would think that the neighboring wings - Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan - would have the highest participation, based on travel distance.

Go, work hard, have fun, and take pride in your participation, without the teenage drama of, "We sent more people than you did." It just doesn't matter.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jeders

For NBB 2016, around 600 people applied. Only about 200 are actually able to attend. Of the 200 or so that get slotted initially, as many as a quarter can be dropped from the activity by the staff because they didn't get the requirements completed in eServices. Moral of the story, get your GES, IS classes, First Aid, et al done when the staff says.

As for dominating, I assume you mean who has the highest participation. That varies between Kansas and Texas, though you can see actual numbers by looking at old copies of the NBB newsletter Behind the 8-Ball. Those can be found on the Public Affairs Section of the NBB website here.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Spam

Hi, Cookie.

What impresses, really, is demeanor bearing and behavior - not knowing facts that people can look up. The cadet who shows up to CAP activities mentally physically and morally prepared to pitch in hard and work as a team member, whether at menial tasks or as a leader, it one that impresses.

The military has a great unofficial saying: "cooperate to graduate". When that turns sour (via cheating) its bad, but at its best that's an expression of pulling together to work hard to serve the country. Respectfully submit that activities like NBB are far more COOPERATIVE than COMPETITIVE in nature. You'd really impress far more by showing up with that servant leader attitude, no matter what grade you are. Its not you vs. them, its all of you versus the challenge of the activity!

Go have fun!

V/r
Spam