Types of packs for NESA's 24 and 72 hour pack.

Started by diegoochoaaa, May 06, 2017, 06:36:23 PM

diegoochoaaa

I'll be attending NESA this summer and as I was looking for packs to store the 24 and 72 hour items, I have no idea what will hold everything and what can store the 24 and 72 into one pack (as the NESA basic ground team school states). 

If you've attended NESA recently, please let me know the type of bag you got and if it worked well for you.

lordmonar

If you are going to buy something.....go with the cheapest you can find.    You can get a good used ALICE LARGE with a Frame for around $50 if you look hard enough.
That should be fine for both your 72 hour gear.  Take a small school type back pack that you can easily strap on to the back of the ALICE pack.

Have fun.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

diegoochoaaa

Quote from: lordmonar on May 06, 2017, 07:04:53 PM
If you are going to buy something.....go with the cheapest you can find.    You can get a good used ALICE LARGE with a Frame for around $50 if you look hard enough.
That should be fine for both your 72 hour gear.  Take a small school type back pack that you can easily strap on to the back of the ALICE pack.

Have fun.
Thanks for replying! Do you happen to have a picture or link you could send of the pack?
Thanks

SarDragon

Quote from: iiCookiezi on May 06, 2017, 09:34:52 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 06, 2017, 07:04:53 PM

Have fun.
Thanks for replying! Do you happen to have a picture or link you could send of the pack?
Thanks

Link
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

HandsomeWalt_USMC

I see what you did there. We'll played, sir. Well played.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"