Senior Staff Encampment Supply List

Started by vovbelle, April 26, 2017, 06:17:43 PM

vovbelle

I am a new Senior Member...my son is a C/S AM and will be attending encampment for the first time.  They have been sending out desparate pleas for Senior Member Staff.  I am willing to go...have set aside the time in my calendar but there is no way that I can afford to buy 2 sets of BDUS, 2 sets of Class A's...and all of the other things that are required.  Our Unit Commander says that he has been trying to find a way for me to attend without spending a crazy amount of money by buying all of the things needed on the list.  I am also larger than any BDUS or Class A's that are available at our unit.  I am a willing adult volunteer.  Any ideas of who I could talk to?

goblin

Can't you just get the polo combo? They shouldn't be requiring you to be in blues or BDUs.

Eclipse

For starters, adult staff are rarely required to have the entirety of the student packing list, with the
caveat that, as an adult, you have to take care of yourself, whether that means washing uniforms,
wearing an alternative, or "other".

Your best best is to contact the encampment staff, if they are actually desperate for staff, they should allow you to help in a
golf shirt, which is the standard or alternate uniform for many if not most encampment adult staff.

The blues you are already required to own (or whites) should be sufficient for an adult staffer.

With proper care and undergarments, a set of uniforms can go a long way before they start standing up
on their own.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

There is absolutely no reason you can't do the entire thing in a polo and gray slacks. If the encampment is requiring anything else with the possible exception of an aviator shirt, they're unnecessarily standing in their own way and have nobody to blame for their manning issues.

Encampment costs SMs more than enough already. There's no reason to add more on.

Recommend seeking clarification from the encampment commander.

vovbelle

that was my opinion too.  the commander of our unit says that he has tried to find ways to work around it but keeps hitting road blacks. i sent a message  to the encampment fb page...that have seen it but not replied yet.  i will let you know what i hear.

Eclipse

Your CC doesn't ave any say in the matter, and you should send emails or CALL the encampment
staffer responsible, or the encampment commander direct.

This video shows at least three instances of adult staff wearing golf shirts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAa3R4Gxx4s

"That Others May Zoom"

Brit_in_CAP

Eclipse - thanks for the video link. Brought back some happy memories, from WIWAC!  Not that I ever went to a CAP encampment, it was simply good to see the cadets enjoying themselves. 

Eclipse

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on April 27, 2017, 12:36:31 PM...it was simply good to see the cadets enjoying themselves.

Yeah, sometimes, if we're not vigilant enough, that happens...

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on April 27, 2017, 01:55:10 PM
Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on April 27, 2017, 12:36:31 PM...it was simply good to see the cadets enjoying themselves.

Yeah, sometimes, if we're not vigilant enough, that happens...

They are wearing unauthorized uniforms! Get 'em!  >:D