Any C-182 Retracts in the Fleet?

Started by etodd, April 22, 2017, 03:43:12 AM

stillamarine

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on April 25, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Quote from: etodd on April 25, 2017, 02:33:11 AM
There is a C-182RG at KEET that is within a short driving or flying distance. Will probably be my best bet. Hoping to complete IFR in a month or so and move into finishing up Commercial this summer.  I already have all the Commercial XCs done. I just need the 10 hours of complex and a little more work on maneuvers.

Redstone Flying Activity:
C182RG  140.00/hr
PA-28R   125.00/hr
Instructor rate:  $27.00/hr

Activity Fees:
Initiation Fee  $35.00
Monthly dues:  35.00/mo

I live in the Trussville Area and from my doorstep to the Flying Activity is 1.75 hr.  But I also drive up Hwy 231 and drive at the speed limit (probably one of the 3 people in Alabama that does so).  I guess the trip would be faster using the Interstate. 

Several really good instructors at Redstone.

Cliff, what are the requirements to join Redstone? Does CAP membership qualify?
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Gunsotsu

When I was last there, it did not. AD, Reserve, DOD, NASA, AD retirees, and dependents only.

Their application says the same. (Unless they now allow it under "OTHER")

Fubar

Why would CAP make random RG purchases? I get higher HP for high altitudes, but otherwise why not make the fleet as close the to same as possible?

Cliff_Chambliss

what are the requirements to join Redstone? Does CAP membership qualify?

CAP Membership is ok for aero club membership.
visit the club website at www.flyingactivity.com  you will find membership documents there.  Complete the application and get it to the club house at the airfield.  Be sure to take a copy of your certified birth certificate or unexpired passport (TSA garbage). 
Once the paperwork is accepted you will be given access to the scheduling computer. and the magic decoder ring for the doors.  (The club is open to members 24/7).
You will be required to complete a battery of written tests and flight tests.
FAR's and Local Procedures.
Instrument (If IFR privileges are wanted)
Each make and model of aircraft you intend to fly. (C-152, C-172, C-182, C-182RG, Arrow)
An initial flight check in each make and model you want to fly. 
Annually thereafter you will be required to take all the written tests for the privileges you want, but the annual flight check will be in the most complex airplane you intend to fly.  (they are discussing separate checkrides for the Arrow and the 182RG.  A 182RG check will cover all the Cessnas, but another checkride will be needed for the Arrows).
There is a requirement for quarterly safety briefings.  however, these are taped so even if a member does not make it in person they can still get credit.  Generally these are in the last month of each quarter.  Once the meeting is completed all members not in attendance are grounded until they vie the tape.  Not a big deal.

Because of some family health issues I have had to step away from aviation for awhile, but if I can be of help, please let me know.

11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

stillamarine

Quote from: Cliff_Chambliss on April 26, 2017, 01:37:37 PM
what are the requirements to join Redstone? Does CAP membership qualify?

CAP Membership is ok for aero club membership.
visit the club website at www.flyingactivity.com  you will find membership documents there.  Complete the application and get it to the club house at the airfield.  Be sure to take a copy of your certified birth certificate or unexpired passport (TSA garbage). 
Once the paperwork is accepted you will be given access to the scheduling computer. and the magic decoder ring for the doors.  (The club is open to members 24/7).
You will be required to complete a battery of written tests and flight tests.
FAR's and Local Procedures.
Instrument (If IFR privileges are wanted)
Each make and model of aircraft you intend to fly. (C-152, C-172, C-182, C-182RG, Arrow)
An initial flight check in each make and model you want to fly. 
Annually thereafter you will be required to take all the written tests for the privileges you want, but the annual flight check will be in the most complex airplane you intend to fly.  (they are discussing separate checkrides for the Arrow and the 182RG.  A 182RG check will cover all the Cessnas, but another checkride will be needed for the Arrows).
There is a requirement for quarterly safety briefings.  however, these are taped so even if a member does not make it in person they can still get credit.  Generally these are in the last month of each quarter.  Once the meeting is completed all members not in attendance are grounded until they vie the tape.  Not a big deal.

Because of some family health issues I have had to step away from aviation for awhile, but if I can be of help, please let me know.

I don't have my PPL but it looked like it would be cheaper to do it with them minus the drive there from Kimberly. I may have to look into that.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Mustang

There are a few around. UTWG has a turbo RG.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "