Cadets and the Blue Corporate Field Uniform

Started by nhulick, April 12, 2017, 01:43:48 AM

nhulick

Can anyone sight the policy for cadets and the wear of the Blue Corporate Field Uniform and when/where is an appropriate time to wear it?  I have never found a location that specifically prohibits cadets from the wear of them, but maybe someone else has.

V/R

Anthony@CAP

So the answer is generally no, except if they are over the age of 18 and they don't meet the weight standards.

From CAPM 39-1: 1.2.3.2. "Cadets will wear the USAF-style uniforms as outlined in this manual as a key component of their cadet experience. However, cadets over age 18 who are not eligible to wear the USAF-style uniforms due to not meeting weight standards are authorized to wear all Corporate-style uniform combinations, except the Corporate Working Uniform since it does not allow for wear of rank insignia."

So for the Blue Corporate Field Uniform, aka Blue BDUs, officially "Corporate Field Uniform," if the cadet meets that exception, it would be appropriate anytime BDUs or ABUs are appropriate.

Eclipse

And a cadet in the CFU, will also be required to wear the White Aviator shirt combo, which has the same wear rules.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

And said cadet cannot wear the golf/polo shirt uniform. And must still maintain the same grooming standards as those cadets wearing the AF uniforms.

UWONGO2

Dropping the blue BDU as an approved uniform for cadets (except those over 18 and outside the weight requirements) was surprising. Were cadets opting to wear the BBDU a lot?

Paul Creed III

Quote from: UWONGO2 on April 12, 2017, 06:18:18 AM
Dropping the blue BDU as an approved uniform for cadets (except those over 18 and outside the weight requirements) was surprising. Were cadets opting to wear the BBDU a lot?

I have never seen a cadet wear the BBDU's.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Paul Creed III on April 12, 2017, 12:33:52 PM
Quote from: UWONGO2 on April 12, 2017, 06:18:18 AM

I have never seen a cadet where the BBDU's.

I remember seeing one, circa 2008 on CS. IIRC, he turned cynical on the whole "military" side of things, so wanted to be different.

Eclipse

I'd have to go digging, were they ever authorized across the board for cadets?

I would have thought it was always "over 18 only".

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Quote from: Eclipse on April 12, 2017, 03:03:14 PM
I'd have to go digging, were they ever authorized across the board for cadets?

I would have thought it was always "over 18 only".

No it was not always.  That is actually a fairly recent addition.

CAPM 39-1 March 2005:
Quote4-1. General. Cadet members are authorized to wear the CAP utility uniform, field uniform, and blazer
combinations as desired.

Sapper168

I met a cadet a few years ago who was full blooded Native American and for religious reasons had his hair long.  It was my understanding he had been given permission by NHQ. I honestly thought it was a sign of character that he went through the channels.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

NIN

Quote from: Sapper168 on April 12, 2017, 03:24:11 PM
I met a cadet a few years ago who was full blooded Native American and for religious reasons had his hair long.  It was my understanding he had been given permission by NHQ. I honestly thought it was a sign of character that he went through the channels.

I believe I know who you speak of. He did indeed get it properly vetted thru channels by his unit as a religious accommodation.

He also wore the aviator combo quite effectively (although, I must admit, seeing C/TSgt on his collar just kind of weirded me out)

He's at Norwich now.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

chuckmilam