CAP Blazer questions

Started by foo, April 11, 2017, 08:18:12 PM

SarDragon

I got one a while back. Wore it once, because it was as ugly as described. On a lark, I tried it on my new blazer, with the slanted pocket, and it was even uglier.

Just don't.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

foo

Roger that, and thanks again for all the feedback.

I'm acquiring this uniform for the occasion of my cadet's Mitchell Award presentation. I guess I might wear it again sometime down the road.

SarDragon

As with other expensive clothing items, once you have it, you will find places to wear it. F'rinstance, I bought a tux, and wear it at least once a year. And I make it look good. >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

foo

I have another question: What is the "CAP button set"? I see VG has some options, but they don't seem to be the right sizes for both the coat and cuffs. Must they all be the "Civil Air Patrol" button, or can this Blazer have the Hap Arnold buttons?

BFreemanMA

Quote from: foo on April 13, 2017, 04:56:02 PM
I have another question: What is the "CAP button set"? I see VG has some options, but they don't seem to be the right sizes for both the coat and cuffs. Must they all be the "Civil Air Patrol" button, or can this Blazer have the Hap Arnold buttons?

Per CAPM 39-1, 4.2.3.1: "...Two or three buttons, either metal (gold tone, silver tone or CAP button set) or plastic (black or dark blue) in front. Cuff buttons will match and be in accordance with civilian fashion."

You can get the CAP buttons from VG, although I'm not sure of the ligne off the top of my head. But you're also 100% within regs to just keep the original buttons, provided they meet the above quote.
Brian Freeman, Capt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer
Westover Composite Squadron

foo

I appreciate the reply, though it doesn't answer the questions. I saw the regulation but wonder about the CAP button set, and which of the buttons VG offers are allowed (i.e., just the CAP ones or also the HA ones).

THRAWN

Quote from: foo on April 13, 2017, 05:19:24 PM
I appreciate the reply, though it doesn't answer the questions. I saw the regulation but wonder about the CAP button set, and which of the buttons VG offers are allowed (i.e., just the CAP ones or also the HA ones).

The blazer cannot have the HA buttons. CAP buttons would be 25s for the cuffs (SKU: CAP0807), 36 for the coat buttons (SKU: CAP0809).
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023