Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2017, 04:36:41 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Suggestions for places to buy name tapes
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for places to buy name tapes  (Read 271 times)
JG2019

Unit: IL-329

« on: April 10, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »

Since vanguard isn't selling aquamarine name tapes where should I buy them?
Spaceman3750
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »

If you're buying tapes you should just switch to dark blue.
"I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody." - Lily Tomlin
"I'm sorry sir, which tab were we on?"

The moment any commander or staff member considers themselves a gatekeeper, instead of a facilitator, they have failed at their job.
I can't fix all of CAP's problems, but I can lead from the bottom by building my squadron as a center of excellence to serve as an example of what every unit can be.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »

If you're buying tapes you should just switch to dark blue.

+1 - You won't be able to get grade insignia, badges, or anything else in ultramarine from VG anymore,
so just getting tapes from various other sources Google can provide isn't going to help you much.

I'm not running out and changing mine, but anything new I bought today would get the dark blue.

The fact that they look so much better is just a value-add.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

nomad129
Recruit

Unit: SER-GA-075

Pathfinder Tactical
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »

I make nametapes in both the new dark blue and still have the old aquamarine color on hand, $5 set of two shipped.
"We don't rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training."
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Suggestions for places to buy name tapes