Cadre Applications have been extended to 15 April 2017. There are still plenty of opportunities to get experience being on staff! If you have already applied you do not need to apply again.
1. Applications are now being accepted for Cadet Cadre positions for the 2017 Illinois Wing Summer Encampment. They are:
2. The 2017 Illinois Wing Summer Encampment will be held 24 June 2017 to 01 July 2017 at Camp Lincoln, Illinois National Guard Facility, Springfield, IL. Cadet staff cadre will be required to arrive the evening of Thursday, 22 June 2017 with a required training and orientation day on Friday June 23 2017.
3. The qualified applicant will be a cadet with at least 1.5 years of experience (3 for executive staff)in CAP, at least 1 summer encampment, high degree of self-motivation and professionalism, willingness to invest a large degree of personal time and commitment to the position and the success of the encampment, belief in the core values of CAP (integrity, volunteer service, excellence, and respect), broad knowledge of the cadet program, and the ability to serve successfully as a role model and mentor to the rest of the cadets at the encampment.
Interested cadets must complete and submit the following to the encampment email at email@example.com
i. Typed, military format letter stating why you are interested in serving in the position, past CAP and outside accomplishments, why you feel you are qualified for the position, and what you hope to gain personally from this experience.
ii. Typed, military format letter of recommendation from your home squadron commander or deputy commander for cadets.
iii. All positions except support, Communication /security, and Flight Sgt: Typed, military format letter of recommendation from a past encampment commander or commandant of cadets (required only if you did not attend a previous IL Wing Summer Encampment).
v. The deadline for application consideration these positions is 15 April 2017.
vi. After you have been offered a position you must formally register online, via the encampment website The link for cadet registration will be posted when formal registration for encampment begins.
vii. When the formal registration and payment options are available you must formally register, complete all required forms and make your payment.
4. All cadets applying for these position may be interviewed by the Encampment Commander, Encampment Deputy Commander and/or the Encampment Commandant of Cadets.
5. Cadet Cadre RST and evaluation day will be held 20 May 2017. Interested cadets should plan to attend this required training day as well.
6. Applications, resumes, letters of recommendation or supporting documentation for the position you are applying for, should be e-mailed to the Commandant of Cadets at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The Encampment Commander, Deputy Commander and Commandant of Cadets reserve the right to solicit applicants for any position if a qualified candidate does not submit an application by the deadline.
8. Please direct any questions regarding the positions or the application process to the Commandant of Cadets, SSgt Shane E Guernsey via the encampment e-mail: email@example.com
or telephone at (217) 691-3769.
SSgt Shane E Guernsey, CAP
Commandant of Cadets
IL Wing Summer Encampment 2017