Main Menu

It's Been 10 Years

Started by jb512, March 30, 2017, 08:44:31 PM

jb512

So, my son turns 12 next month so after ten years of being away from CAP as a senior member I will be making a return if he decides that he wants to join. Can anybody point me to a quick thread or link so I can get caught up? The last things I knew were the infamous "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" nametapes and a blue and white uniform with hard insignia.

I see that we got the ABU, and enlisted stripes with CAP on them. Anything else?

j.

Toad1168

So much is the same and so much is different.  Search here of course and go to capmembers for the updates (you don't need to log into eServices).  Hope your kid is interested.  Neither of mine followed my passion.
Toad

Eclipse

Agreed - the bones of the program haven't changed that much, but a lot of cosmetics and procedures have,
with a (thankfully) increasing amount of administrative stuff online somewhere.

Cadet testing, for example, is preferably online and a unit can do away with local inventories in most cases.

As noted, poking around here, and the CAP documents site would be a good place to start.  Odds are just about everything
you know form the olde days is applicable, but the process for getting there will have changed slightly.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I mean, on the cadet side, 10 years ago was my "cadet prime", so completely new leadership books, drill tests as part of progression for Phase 1 & 2, new Cadet Protection Policy, revamped PT inbound/no more shuttle on current PT system.

Eclipse

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on March 31, 2017, 04:33:15 PM
I mean, on the cadet side, 10 years ago was my "cadet prime", so completely new leadership books, drill tests as part of progression for Phase 1 & 2, new Cadet Protection Policy, revamped PT inbound/no more shuttle on current PT system.

And a new PT system coming out as soon as the OPR can get a copy of Acrobat and figure out how to edit the document number field!   ::)

"That Others May Zoom"

jb512

Thank you very much for the replies. I am glad to hear that a lot has gone online and I am confident that he will want to join; he has been pretty active in the Young Marines while waiting to turn 12. I will start searching the forums and get caught up.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Eclipse on March 31, 2017, 04:35:16 PM
Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on March 31, 2017, 04:33:15 PM

And a new PT system coming out as soon as the OPR can get a copy of Acrobat and figure out how to edit the document number field!   ::)

Yeah, please don't remind them. I'll continue to embrace the current PT program until then.