Just submitted my renewal for year # 15 - No regrets

Started by Майор Хаткевич, March 01, 2017, 03:36:53 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I'm 91 days out from expiration, and get an email from NHQ to renew for the 2017/2018 year. Didn't even think about it. Can't really. I've committed to serving a term as a Squadron Commander, so thoughts of "should I renew" would point to some larger issues overall in this situation. I joined CAP when I was 13 years old, and at this point I've been in the program for longer than not. Joined just a week or so before my sister was even born, and she's now a cadet herself down in FLWG.

Sometimes it's a struggle, especially with the Unit CC title and all that entails, but hey, if it wasn't still fun, I wouldn't still be doing it. But probably the biggest factor for me at this point is giving back to cadets, and the comradery between SMs, some of whom have been around from when I was still a cadet (a few who probably still think of me as a cadet).

NIN

Got mine too. Just a matter of sitting down to renew

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Chappie

Reupped for the 20th time...there have been a couple of occasions where I was on the brink of not renewing due to situations in CAP that were, as my late dad used to say, "things that I can't say 'grace' over".  I have found out that CAP does have a way of self-correcting given time and leadership.  Over all, CAP has provided great opportunities to meet and work with some outstanding individuals locally as well as from across the nation, to travel and participate in a variety of activities and to contribute to the 3-fold mission of CAP.   For the past 20 years I have had to balance my time between family, work and CAP.   In a few weeks from now, I am retiring from work :)   Which means...more time for family and CAP...which have almost become synonymous at this point in my life :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

almostspaatz

*feels tiny and insignificant while renewing for the 4th time...

Thanks to all of you for your many years of service :clap:
C/Maj Steve Garrett

PhoenixRisen

I'm almost to my 13 year mark... just over half my life in CAP and never give renewals a second thought!

My wife joined up late last year, though, so now I'm stuck regardless of what I think!   8)

Toad1168

My 22 is coming up.  Would be 31 but I took a nine year hiatus.  So many changes yet so much the same.
Toad

SarDragon

This year will be my 46th renewal. My collection of membership cards numbers well over 50. First join year is 1964.

Sent from my phone.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Quote from: Toad1168 on March 01, 2017, 09:29:57 PM
My 22 is coming up.  Would be 31 but I took a nine year hiatus.  So many changes yet so much the same.

I retired for 4 years (2009-2013).  Yeah.  Just FOUR years and I'm like "Whoa, who changed that?" and at the same time "There's nothing new under the sun."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Alaric

I actually always get my renewal on my Birthday because of how the dates work out, so I always think from CAP "Happy Birthday, pay us"  :)

NIN

By the way, the instant I saw this thread title, this meme popped in my head
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

LTC Don

CONGRATULATIONS SARDragon!   :clap:

My clock trips 30 this year.

Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

THRAWN

Good for CAP! You are one of the people that make the program work. Best wishes for the next 15....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

foo

I will be renewing this month for the third time. It will be my first time doing so without hesitation. Getting out of a dysfunctional squadron made all the difference.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on March 02, 2017, 01:23:53 PM
By the way, the instant I saw this thread title, this meme popped in my head

I thought about intentionaly saying no regerts.

Ed DeSocio

Keep up the fine work! I wish that I could fit active membership into my crowded career.
I hope to renew soon, too.  But I'm not sure if I'll get the chance this year.  It appears that my virtual squadron may be scheduled for deletion!

Ed DeSocio
Spaatz #594