Main Menu

24hr pack

Started by bh125, February 26, 2017, 02:12:28 AM

bh125

I know there are probably some other posts about this, but what are some good 24 hour packs that don't cost a lot. Probably something I can carry around with me at encampment or an NCSA. Thanks!

[edit] I don't really do much ground team (I'm an MRO/MSA) but I'm just wanting to replace my very cheap pack for a more durable one

bh125

Ha I'm just really lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SarDragon

Quote from: bh125 on February 26, 2017, 03:11:22 AM
Ha I'm just really lazy

Well, having acknowledged that, you probably shouldn't expect mor ehelp than Eclipse gave you. His boredom factor must have been pretty high today. TANSTAAFL. And no, you get to look that one up all by yourself.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bh125

Quote from: SarDragon on February 26, 2017, 03:34:00 AM
Quote from: bh125 on February 26, 2017, 03:11:22 AM
Ha I'm just really lazy

Well, having acknowledged that, you probably shouldn't expect mor ehelp than Eclipse gave you. His boredom factor must have been pretty high today. TANSTAAFL. And no, you get to look that one up all by yourself.

Thanks [emoji19]

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

oweng_01

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/military-tactical-assault-pack?a=1709865

You can get it in BDU or ABU if you shop around a bit but for 25ish bucks, it will work.

--Local SAR Guy

bh125

Thanks!

Spam

Quote from: oweng_01 on February 26, 2017, 11:27:10 PM
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/military-tactical-assault-pack?a=1709865

You can get it in BDU or ABU if you shop around a bit but for 25ish bucks, it will work.

--Local SAR Guy

Good choice. Actually cheaper than the versions we've sourced, but essentially the same day pack.

V/r
Spam

Luis R. Ramos

Cadet-

It appears the replies to your message were made under the impression you are asking for a list of items to take in a 24-hr pack because you are a Ground Team Member.

If I read your message correctly, you are not Ground Team-qualified yet. Am I correct in this assumption?

Your question is you want a "24-hr pack for an MRO or MSA" not for a Ground Team.

The long list of web links are for a GTM not for an MRO / MSA.

As a matter of fact, there are no 24-hr pack lists for MRO / MSAs.

MRO / MSAs spend their time in mission bases, therefore you can survive there without 24-hr packs. So you do not need one. What you should think is on a special need. More to the fact you may need a 72-hr pack.

Please clarify, I can give you some suggestions but you need to clarify why are you asking about 24 hr packs by answering the 3 questions below:

1. Are you going to stay MRO / MSA?

2. Are you going to add GTM to your qualifications?

3. Are you going to add UDF to your qualifications?

4. Are you asking what type of pack to buy to carry items?

For an encampment you do not need a 24 hr pack.

For NCSA you may need a specific list of items published in the application. You have to select a NCSA first. You cannot expect to carry the same things to NESA that you would carry to the Air Force Space Command Familiarization Course.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

bh125

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on February 26, 2017, 11:52:07 PM
Cadet-

It appears the replies to your message were made under the impression you are asking for a list of items to take in a 24-hr pack because you are a Ground Team Member.

If I read your message correctly, you are not Ground Team-qualified yet. Am I correct in this assumption?

Your question is you want a "24-hr pack for an MRO or MSA" not for a Ground Team.

The long list of web links are for a GTM not for an MRO / MSA.

As a matter of fact, there are no 24-hr pack lists for MRO / MSAs.

MRO / MSAs spend their time in mission bases, therefore you can survive there without 24-hr packs. So you do not need one. What you should think is on a special need. More to the fact you may need a 72-hr pack.

Please clarify, I can give you some suggestions but you need to clarify why are you asking about 24 hr packs by answering the 3 questions below:

1. Are you going to stay MRO / MSA?

2. Are you going to add GTM to your qualifications?

3. Are you going to add UDF to your qualifications?

4. Are you asking what type of pack to buy to carry items?

For an encampment you do not need a 24 hr pack.

For NCSA you may need a specific list of items published in the application. You have to select a NCSA first. You cannot expect to carry the same things to NESA that you would carry to the Air Force Space Command Familiarization Course.

To clarify for you:
I am an MRO and MSA and I do not plan to go on ground team or become a UDF in the near future.

I am going to encampment and later on NCSAs and would like a durable 24 pack to carry around and to use later on in CAP.

I do know that I don't need a full 24 hr pack for encampment.

Luis R. Ramos

That is what I thought. Something like Oweng posted is cool.

Good luck.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

bh125

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on February 27, 2017, 01:35:26 AM

That is what I thought. Something like Oweng posted is cool.

Good luck.

Thank you!