Question on National Cadet Color Guard Comp.

Started by capmaj, February 22, 2017, 03:44:46 PM

SarDragon

Quote from: capmaj on February 25, 2017, 04:30:27 PM
To use the comparison made earlier to the NFL playoffs......... The NE Patriots beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship. So let's use that as the equivalent of a Region comp. The Patriots then went on to the Superbowl (the National game) to play against the winner of the NFC ( equivalent to the winner of another Region comp). There is no consideration of either the AFC or NFC champs having to play against another team from their conference (Region)

I realize this is going a little off course, but I'd like to fill in the NFL thing. It is possible for teams from the two conferences to play during the regular season, and then again in the Super Bowl. I think this has actually happened. Because of how the scheduling works, in a given four year period, every NFL team will play every other NFL team at least once. An NFC team will play four games against AFC teams from a single division, and vice versa.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

kwe1009

Quote from: capmaj on February 25, 2017, 08:07:47 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 25, 2017, 07:02:30 PM
Why is this hard? Each Region winner and runner up go to Nationals. All teams compete. Winner announced. There is much rejoicing....

I understand the how. It's the why that's troubling.

Do you have an issue with how the NCAA basketball national championship works?  It is the same model but with way less teams.

Spaceman3750

To qualify for the US Olympic marathon team, they do one Olympic qualifier marathon. The top three of each gender join the Olympic team, where they will again run against each other for the gold medal. Seems to work OK for them.