Alternatives to Vanguard?

Started by ozone, February 21, 2017, 04:32:19 PM

ozone

Vanguard has my stuff on backorder, with the earliest possibility of fulfillment being March.  Does anyone know of alternatives, besides E-Bay?

Eclipse

Quote from: ozone on February 21, 2017, 04:32:19 PM
Vanguard has my stuff on backorder, with the earliest possibility of fulfillment being March.  Does anyone know of alternatives, besides E-Bay?

It depends what you need.  If it is CAP specific insignia, especially anything metal, VG is really the only source other then
secondary markets like Craigslist, eBay, or here (post in the marketplace, someone might have it).

Soft goods like nametapes have plenty of sources, as do mil-spec products, including Amazon and Military Clothing sales, but
access to the latter might be a delimiter there.

"That Others May Zoom"

LATORRECA

Ozone
What you need?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Jester

Quote from: Eclipse on February 21, 2017, 04:38:02 PM

Soft goods like nametapes have plenty of sources, as do mil-spec products, including Amazon and Military Clothing sales, but
access to the latter might be a delimiter there.

The MCS I used to work at says no more CAP tapes or tags of any kind, and that probably comes from the AAFES name tag plant at Knox.

waukwiz

They try to make sure there aren't any.
Cadet Cullen Mayes
Waukesha Composite Squadron
"Ok, how about instead of doing that, let's not do that. Ok?"
GTM1 • MO • MRO • MSA • ♦UDF

SarDragon

Once again, this isn't all about Vanguard, Inc. It is, and always has been about CAP, Inc. The IP belongs to CAP, and they control its use. The C&Ds come from CAP, not Vanguard.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LATORRECA

Check with AAFES

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk