Rejoining CAP after 5+year absence, can I still wear badges?

Started by MCDADDY1984, February 19, 2017, 05:04:05 AM

MCDADDY1984

Greetings,

Long story short, I joined CAP as a cadet in 1998 as a cadet. I was active until 2003 when I enlisted into the USAF. I transferred to Senior Status, and was a member until August 2011. I was married and life got busy, so my membership dropped. I rejoined my old unit, which still has my records available (helps when your father is a Major and been active CAP since 1998).

I earned the GT badge and Communications badge as a cadet, and wore it until 2011. Question is, Can I still wear my ribbons, badges, and get recertified in GT3 and Comm? If not, would I need to remove those badges off CAP uniforms I still have? IIRC, badges once earned can not be taken away, even if certs expire with exception to the ES patch.

Thank you.

Luis R. Ramos

The ES patch cannot be worn until recertified. You can wear your GTM3, 2, or 1 badge. You should be able to wear your ribbons related to ES. Although, the regs state to "wear your highest ribbon earned as a cadet," or similar. I would renew the ES certificates, although you would have to do it according to current requirements.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

McDaddy2003

My account locked me out...so I had to create a new one. Thanks Sir!