Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 05:04:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Grandfather clause for duty performance
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grandfather clause for duty performance  (Read 677 times)
Flymetothemoon
Recruit

« on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy of CAPR 35-5, 11 August 2014.  I'd like to see if I can be promoted under the grandfather clause as an AEO to Lieutenant Colonel.  Thanks in advance
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R035005_C94B5504EBE29.pdf

The Duty promotions module in eServices reflects what you need and is correct in regards to pre / post 2014 changes
to requirements.

If you were a Major before 11 Aug 2014, then your TIG and PD requirements are under the old system, and it should be
possible to squeak in under the wire as a Lt Col if LIV is done by then.

TXWG has a nice comparison chart
http://www.txwgcap.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Senior-Member-Progression-Plan-Comparison.pdf

"The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does." - Napoleon Hill.
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flymetothemoon
Recruit

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I'll be a Major for life.  A little tough for me to get national staff college.  The dates always seem to be when I'm in school teaching.
SARDOC
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I'll be a Major for life.  A little tough for me to get national staff college.  The dates always seem to be when I'm in school teaching.

If you have a Bachelor's Degree already, you can do the Air University Air Command and Staff College option as well.
FallenTX
Recruit

Unit: SWR-TX-351

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »

The grandfather clause applies only to duty performance promotions, not professional promotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Grandfather clause for duty performance