Main Menu

ReJoin

Started by Flying Pig, January 23, 2017, 12:59:11 AM

Flying Pig

its appears The Mrs.  has given me the approval to rejoin CAP.  And I believe my therapy sessions after my time as a Sq CC have done good for me.  I hardly remember why I didnt like it.   

Spam

FLYING PIG... YOU WILL RE-UP... YOU WILL RE-UP... YOU WILL RE-UP...!!!!

YOU ARE A ROTARY WING GUY ANYWAYS, SO ROTATING HYPNOSIS WORKS ESPECIALLY WELL ON YOU....

Cheers,
Spam

NIN

Its about time, Rob. jeez.  I was having to deal with all these fixed-wing weenies by myself...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Well now that Spam made me throw up all over myself, I may have to re-think

PHall

Be prepared for a shock if you go anywhere near Cadet Programs. FLWG Cadet Programs is as unique as CAWG's.

Stonewall

I struggled with the FLWG Cadet Program.  Not that it was bad, but because it was a cross between the cyber stuff, drill team, and the Ranger program.

Not my style.  Maybe it'll be yours.

I've got 18 months before my son is old enough to join.  If he does, I'm back to active.  If not, then I'll wait for my daughter to turn 12.  If she doesn't join, then maybe when I retire.  I can wash airplanes or polish parade rifles.
Serving since 1987.

Storm Chaser

With almost 80 cadet and composite squadrons spread over a large geographical area, I doubt your experience represents Florida Wing Cadet Programs as a whole. In my experience, it's a very diverse and robust program. Although I've seen some units focus on specific areas over others, which is probably what you've experienced. However, that's not representative of the entire Wing or its Cadet Programs.

Flying Pig

It's coming......  the hardest part is actually carving out a niche in my calendar   

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 12, 2017, 01:10:51 PM
It's coming......  the hardest part is actually carving out a niche in my calendar

<membership board mode>
"You know, maybe you're not a good fit for CAP with your schedule.."
</membership board mode>
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

My philosophy as a Sq Commander was pretty simple in regards to participation and schedules. 

"Commit to do what you said you would commit to do." -Flying Pig, Capt. CAP

Flying Pig

But first and foremost.... uniforms.. .ribbons.. pilot wings oh my! :clap: >:D

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 12, 2017, 10:05:35 PM

Polo shirt dude
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

PHall

Quote from: NIN on February 12, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Polo shirt dude

Polo shirt and flight suit. What else would you need? ;)

Flying Pig

Yeah..... but I have like...  LOADS of medals and ribbons and wings and badges . I really believe I owe it to society to show them off. Plus... I have the chiseled physique of a Greek god and I really feel like a baggy flight suit would take away a lot. 

Flying Pig

But I could tailor my flight suit.... hmmmmmm :o

RogueLeader

Quote from: PHall on February 13, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Polo shirt dude

Minimum basic service uniform. . . Bueller. . . .Bueller. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 13, 2017, 02:29:56 AMI have the chiseled physique of a Greek god and I really feel like a baggy flight suit would take away a lot.

Heh - Silenus...

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 13, 2017, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: PHall on February 13, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Polo shirt dude

Minimum basic service uniform. . . Bueller. . . .Bueller. . .

In most Senior Squadrons you would be hard pressed to find members who have a "Minimum Basic Service Uniform".
Most of them just have the uniforms they "need". The Polo Shirt combination usually serves them well.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on February 14, 2017, 02:01:56 AM
In most Senior Squadrons you would be hard pressed to find members who have a "Minimum Basic Service Uniform".

Then that is Command negligence, and it one of the reasons CAP members look like a gaggle every time there's a photo.

I don't understand why people are so quick to point out / proud of the fact that we have scores of CC's, and hundreds if not
thousands of members who are unaware of, or ignore, simple, clear rules about dress and appearance, like what the
"minimum" CAP uniform is.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Even more "negligent", should they be photographed in an AF style uniform with the civilian jackets, as you've pushed on this forum.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spam on February 14, 2017, 02:31:26 AM
Even more "negligent", should they be photographed in an AF style uniform with the civilian jackets, as you've pushed on this forum.

Really?  You honestly feel that an adult ignoring a regulation is the same thing as refusing to allow
a cadet to participate in an activity because they don't have the proper outerwear?

Especially in light of the fact that the regulations explicitly prohibit requiring a cadet to wear anything except the MBU (which doesn't include any outerwear,
nor is there even a ready source to even obtain the proper outwear for the MBU anymore), unless the garment is issued to the cadet or
the purchase is voluntary?

These are the same things in your mind?

Forgoing the nonsense about ES and encampments being "optional", and pretending NHQ hasn't essentially back-door required BDUs
since the Curry uniform program started, do we bar cadets from unit meetings because they wore the wrong jacket?

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

I'm laughing at you pontificating as usual about "command negligence", while you hypocritically espouse adherence to the uniform regs that you've clearly, knowingly, advocated that commanders ignore - when YOU think it is justified, as "Pope Eclipse the First".

Then, I laugh at your straw man argument of barring cadets from (indoor!) meetings, when I've never suggested it. Divert, obfuscate, self-deny, and wiggle, you may.

"But its never you that's inconsistent... its alwayyyysss someone ellllsseee..."

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Nice.  Have a good night, sir.

V/r
Spam

Flying Pig

Can we get back to focusing me please ?

Fubar

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 14, 2017, 05:21:56 PM

Is there a fan club? Are there meetings? What's the uniform?

Chappie

Me thinks that this quickly went off the track and into the weeds becoming yet another uniform thread :)   Rob...welcome back!!!
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Flying Pig

Quote from: Fubar on February 14, 2017, 05:42:45 PM

Yes.  Please PM me your ATM card number and PIN and I will get your Username and Password sent out to you ASAP. 

CAPDCCMOM

Now Chappie, don't you know that you can ask the forum for the cost of bananas in Hong Kong, and it will quickly become a uniform thread... >:D

SarDragon

Hey, Rob, OK to click it?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

stillamarine

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 14, 2017, 09:42:58 PM

Yes.  Please PM me your ATM card number and PIN and I will get your Username and Password sent out to you ASAP.

Do we get a framed photo of you in your whirly bird to pray to every morning?
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Chappie

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on February 14, 2017, 09:44:28 PM
Now Chappie, don't you know that you can ask the forum for the cost of bananas in Hong Kong, and it will quickly become a uniform thread... >:D

:clap: :D :clap: Good form ;D :clap: :) 
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

CAPDCCMOM

Takes a bow walks off stage,  8)

Flying Pig

Quote from: stillamarine on February 14, 2017, 11:31:29 PM
Quote from: Flying Pig on February 14, 2017, 09:42:58 PM

Do we get a framed photo of you in your whirly bird to pray to every morning?

That's part of the Platinum Membership package.

jb512

*bump*

I am in the same boat. My son is turning 12 tomorrow so we are headed to the local squadron for the next meeting. I think I am more excited about rejoining than he is about starting up...

Spam

I think I know how you feel (and welcome back)!

My third sons birthday is today - and he is swearing in at next weeks meeting with me as his first Commander.

I'm pleased beyond reason at the timing, since I'm handing over my command of GA045 early in a couple of weeks to do something else. His oldest brother the GTL Earhart cadet will be his first C/CC too, before he departs for college to learn how to be an aerospace engineer.

Spam

Thonawit

My mental image of Flying Pig in uniform...

Actually this is a picture of our former Squadron CC aka The Cosplay King
Regularly contradicts, contradicted CAP Regulations...

etodd

"here we go round in circles" .....
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

PHall

Quote from: etodd on April 01, 2017, 03:03:42 PM

You're new here, aren't you?   >:D

etodd

Quote from: PHall on April 02, 2017, 12:11:08 AM
Quote from: etodd on April 01, 2017, 03:03:42 PM

You're new here, aren't you?   >:D

Sorta. I just like to state the obvious. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Luis R. Ramos

"Going around in circles" is good, since it means we still have fuel to continue flying instead of crashing...

>:D
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on April 02, 2017, 02:20:23 AM
"Going around in circles" is good, since it means we still have fuel to continue flying instead of crashing...

I always enjoy when I hear a consultant (or someone else, but usually a consultant) say "we need to set the glide slope for this project."

"So the engine is out and we're trying to maximize the distance we can fly before we hit the ground?"

Unless the project is a glider. Then it was just cut loose. Still doesn't seem like a good thing :P

jb512

I have sent my renewal, fingerprint card, and dues to national to re-join but how do my previous specialty tracks, ratings, rank, etc., become reinstated now? I am kind of a unique case since my senior membership expired about 8 years ago so the CC was not sure.

Eclipse

Grade will be the discretion of CC, completed PD should come back, ratings will all be gone,
though badges earned you can prove could be re-entered.

You're on the hump of when things were staring to get moved over to eServices.

Anything you can substantiate should be as easy as a memo to NHQ by your PDO or CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

jb512

I do remember using eServices so I am hoping that national keeps the old records that were entered, but understand that units are only required to keep member records for five years.

Eclipse

The 120 system is fairly recent, so stuff that goes in there, Comm - comms, etc., prob would not have been
entered (surprising how many CC's still don't know to do this).

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Quote from: Thonawit on April 01, 2017, 01:17:32 PM
My mental image of Flying Pig in uniform...

Actually this is a picture of our former Squadron CC aka The Cosplay King

Very..........    Funny.  But jokes on you funny man.  I dont have a beard!

Luis R. Ramos

It is plain to see that is a fake beard. You could be putting one on and off!

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer