Main Menu

ReJoin

Started by Flying Pig, January 23, 2017, 12:59:11 AM

Flying Pig

its appears The Mrs.  has given me the approval to rejoin CAP.  And I believe my therapy sessions after my time as a Sq CC have done good for me.  I hardly remember why I didnt like it.   

Spam

FLYING PIG... YOU WILL RE-UP... YOU WILL RE-UP... YOU WILL RE-UP...!!!!

YOU ARE A ROTARY WING GUY ANYWAYS, SO ROTATING HYPNOSIS WORKS ESPECIALLY WELL ON YOU....

Cheers,
Spam

NIN

Its about time, Rob. jeez.  I was having to deal with all these fixed-wing weenies by myself...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Well now that Spam made me throw up all over myself, I may have to re-think

PHall

Be prepared for a shock if you go anywhere near Cadet Programs. FLWG Cadet Programs is as unique as CAWG's.

Stonewall

I struggled with the FLWG Cadet Program.  Not that it was bad, but because it was a cross between the cyber stuff, drill team, and the Ranger program.

Not my style.  Maybe it'll be yours.

I've got 18 months before my son is old enough to join.  If he does, I'm back to active.  If not, then I'll wait for my daughter to turn 12.  If she doesn't join, then maybe when I retire.  I can wash airplanes or polish parade rifles.
Serving since 1987.

Storm Chaser

With almost 80 cadet and composite squadrons spread over a large geographical area, I doubt your experience represents Florida Wing Cadet Programs as a whole. In my experience, it's a very diverse and robust program. Although I've seen some units focus on specific areas over others, which is probably what you've experienced. However, that's not representative of the entire Wing or its Cadet Programs.

Flying Pig

It's coming......  the hardest part is actually carving out a niche in my calendar   

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 12, 2017, 01:10:51 PM
It's coming......  the hardest part is actually carving out a niche in my calendar

<membership board mode>
"You know, maybe you're not a good fit for CAP with your schedule.."
</membership board mode>
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

My philosophy as a Sq Commander was pretty simple in regards to participation and schedules. 

"Commit to do what you said you would commit to do." -Flying Pig, Capt. CAP

Flying Pig

But first and foremost.... uniforms.. .ribbons.. pilot wings oh my! :clap: >:D

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 12, 2017, 10:05:35 PM

Polo shirt dude
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

PHall

Quote from: NIN on February 12, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Polo shirt dude

Polo shirt and flight suit. What else would you need? ;)

Flying Pig

Yeah..... but I have like...  LOADS of medals and ribbons and wings and badges . I really believe I owe it to society to show them off. Plus... I have the chiseled physique of a Greek god and I really feel like a baggy flight suit would take away a lot. 

Flying Pig

But I could tailor my flight suit.... hmmmmmm :o

RogueLeader

Quote from: PHall on February 13, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Polo shirt dude

Minimum basic service uniform. . . Bueller. . . .Bueller. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 13, 2017, 02:29:56 AMI have the chiseled physique of a Greek god and I really feel like a baggy flight suit would take away a lot.

Heh - Silenus...

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 13, 2017, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: PHall on February 13, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

Polo shirt dude

Minimum basic service uniform. . . Bueller. . . .Bueller. . .

In most Senior Squadrons you would be hard pressed to find members who have a "Minimum Basic Service Uniform".
Most of them just have the uniforms they "need". The Polo Shirt combination usually serves them well.

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on February 14, 2017, 02:01:56 AM
In most Senior Squadrons you would be hard pressed to find members who have a "Minimum Basic Service Uniform".

Then that is Command negligence, and it one of the reasons CAP members look like a gaggle every time there's a photo.

I don't understand why people are so quick to point out / proud of the fact that we have scores of CC's, and hundreds if not
thousands of members who are unaware of, or ignore, simple, clear rules about dress and appearance, like what the
"minimum" CAP uniform is.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Even more "negligent", should they be photographed in an AF style uniform with the civilian jackets, as you've pushed on this forum.