Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2017, 06:38:36 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: RFP for Commercial Space Port Operations and Sonic Boom [noise] Measurements
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RFP for Commercial Space Port Operations and Sonic Boom [noise] Measurements  (Read 370 times)
Live2Learn
Seasoned Member

« on: January 03, 2017, 12:04:33 PM »

http://apps.trb.org/cmsfeed/TRBNetProjectDisplay.asp?ProjectID=4239

Future astronauts take heed:  You too may have to comply with noise abatement procedures...  :)

THRAWN
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »

Sorry, can't hear you as the world trembles at the sound of my rockets.
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
Spam

Unit: GA-001/CV

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »

Thanks for posting this (we might bid on this at work).

V/r
Spam

Al Sayre

Unit: SER-MS-001

Mississippi Wing
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:00:09 PM »

Whenever I hear people complain about the aircraft noise at an airport, I ask them "Was the airport there when you bought/built your home/business?"  They invariably answer yes, to which I respond "Here's your sign..."
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787
PHall

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:50:52 PM »

Whenever I hear people complain about the aircraft noise at an airport, I ask them "Was the airport there when you bought/built your home/business?"  They invariably answer yes, to which I respond "Here's your sign..."

"But, but, but the real estate agent said it was closing."  >:D
Live2Learn
Seasoned Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »

It's tough living in a country where people vote for their government and who often also vote for their personal preferences and agendas.  No, wait, that's just a minor inconvenience called "democracy".  :(  I guess we have to work harder to make airports relevant.
PHall

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »

It's tough living in a country where people vote for their government and who often also vote for their personal preferences and agendas.  No, wait, that's just a minor inconvenience called "democracy".  :(  I guess we have to work harder to make airports relevant.

The airfield in question was March AFB. When it was "downgraded" to a Air Reserve Base a large number of buyers of the new homes just west of the base were told by the developer that the base was closing. It didn't...  Base is still there and just as busy as it was when it was an AFB.
Live2Learn
Seasoned Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 01:50:21 AM »

The airfield in question was March AFB. When it was "downgraded" to a Air Reserve Base a large number of buyers of the new homes just west of the base were told by the developer that the base was closing. It didn't...  Base is still there and just as busy as it was when it was an AFB.

Nice history lesson.  Thanks.

Unfortunately, the Base Realignment And Closing criteria include elements that are both political and objectively land use oriented.  We might guess that sale of residential properties set MAFB up for controversy... we'd be on target.  People who bought the homes can argue both to a future BRAC Commission and to their Members in Congress that the base is a hazard.  Should a serious mishap occur with multiple civilian casualties, a possibility that cannot be discounted, the outcome might swing the balance against jobs and patriotic feelings toward NIMBY.  It's happened before.  And, despite some recent rhetoric, we're still a democracy.  Arguably democratic governments are the least 'efficient' forms of government, but IMHO, still the "best" form, all things considered.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: RFP for Commercial Space Port Operations and Sonic Boom [noise] Measurements