Airforce Service Jacket

Started by Devil Doc, December 23, 2016, 08:36:28 PM

Devil Doc

I have a service Jacket... Unfortunately, It is a bit small for my stature. I am looking to buy one from ex members, or possibly trade. I have no clue what it takes to convert a Airforce Officer jacket, to a CAP officer Jacket ( Buttons, Lapels, Etc) nor do I have the time... Sigh.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

GaryVC

Quote from: Devil Doc on December 23, 2016, 08:36:28 PM
I have no clue what it takes to convert a Airforce Officer jacket, to a CAP officer Jacket.

As long as it is the current uniform jacket you do not have to do anything to the jacket itself. I presume you are referring to the Service Dress uniform per CAPM 39-1.

Anthony@CAP

In terms of Air Force Service Jacket vs CAP Service Jacket, minus the insignia that is pinned on there is no difference. It's the standard Air Force Officer Service Jacket with a a ½-inch wide blue sleeve braid 3 inches from the end of the sleeve (just as all Air Force Officers below the rank of General would wear).

The differentiation is all in the insignia (gray epaulet sleeve instead of pin on rank, different ribbons, different occupational badges, etc....). See CAP 39-1 section 4.1.5/4.1.7 for that stuff.

So if you can find a current AF Officer Service Jacket, or a current CAP Officer Service Jacket, assuming there is nothing pinned onto it, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

NOTE: CAP Cadets are still allowed to wear the old style AF service jacket, this would not apply to that. However it is not worn by CAP Officers as they are all senior members.