Vanguard Now Says End Of December

Started by ProdigalJim, December 17, 2016, 10:28:07 PM

supertigerCH

Major or 2nd Lieutenant. 

Looks like (for some reason) they haven't been able to produce the ranks that use gold (yellow) thread... instead of silver (white).  Changing the thread in the machines... I suppose is a complicated process.

Luis R. Ramos

I am a Major. Don't know how they are getting away with this but I got mine like three weeks ago...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

RazorbackPride

No FO grade either. Looks like FO's should be getting BBDU's at this time to avoid being stuck with out of reg ABU's and therefore no field uniform. My money is on Vanguard treating it like the flight suit insignia and deciding there's not enough demand to make a profit.

Too bad those who know better won't let us wear polos on GT.

Ed Bos

Quote from: RazorbackPride on January 03, 2017, 10:20:08 PM
No FO grade either. Looks like FO's should be getting BBDU's at this time to avoid being stuck with out of reg ABU's and therefore no field uniform. My money is on Vanguard treating it like the flight suit insignia and deciding there's not enough demand to make a profit.

Too bad those who know better won't let us wear polos on GT.

You can wear a polo on GT.

/BAM ... Can of worms, OPENED!  ;D

CAPM 39-1 Table 1-1, it's not prohibited.

Things to remember: 1) Just because you can, doesn't mean you should; 2) the ABU, BDU, & corporate equivalent are designed for working in the field, the cotton polo is designed for an afternoon playing tennis; 3) if you're the GTL/GOBD and you authorize a team to conduct operations in the polo, you had better be certain that nothing bad will happen where you'd have to justify sending a team out without long sleeves, durable cloth, etc...

Since their safety is your primary concern and if someone decides you're at fault and didn't adequately address the team's needs then your deviation from the norm will reflect poorly on your judgement.

If you want to 'press to test,' I say try it out with a pair of black combat boots, grey tactical pants, and a rigger's belt.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001