Main Menu

Brig Gen Glasgow

Started by LSThiker, December 11, 2016, 08:33:22 PM

LSThiker

I found out through the grape vine with some of my friends in NCR that Brig Gen Rex Glasgow passed away on Friday. Do not know the cause. Nevertheless, my condolences.

dwb

Chappie

I received word of his passing a few minutes ago as well.  Saddened to hear of Rex's passing.  Enjoyed knowing and working with him.  "Blue skies and tail winds" as well as thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Eclipse

Far too young.  I met him just before the "unpleasantness".

CAP needed, and still does, dozens more like him.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Rex was a good friend and colleague.  I'm very sorry to hear this sad news, and wish his family my sympathies.   

NEBoom

Wow, that's a sad surprise.  He was a force in CAP, if you were in NCR during that time you know what I mean.  RIP General...  :(
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

USACAP

He was a good dude.
That's a shame.

Mitchell 1969

I hope CAP takes a class act response to this. Sending official reps to the funeral would be nice (after checking with a family rep - I wouldn't blame them for any hard feelings). But the very least CAP can snd should do is to make an official announcement now and not settle for a mention in the blurb four months from now.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Chappie

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on December 15, 2016, 09:23:39 AM
I hope CAP takes a class act response to this. Sending official reps to the funeral would be nice (after checking with a family rep - I wouldn't blame them for any hard feelings). But the very least CAP can snd should do is to make an official announcement now and not settle for a mention in the blurb four months from now.

I do know that the NCR HC has been involved to some extent...especially in the area of assisting CAP members in that area deal with grief, etc.  Co Reginal Aye has taken a lead position in this at the region level.

Chappie

From the "Remembering Rex Glasgow" page:  There will be no visitation or services rather there will be a private internment.  There is talk about the possibility of a gathering after the first of the year of friends gathering together to a have a meal together, visit the gravesite and share stories.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Chappie on December 17, 2016, 03:16:20 PM

From the "Remembering Rex Glasgow" page:  There will be no visitation or services rather there will be a private internment.  There is talk about the possibility of a gathering after the first of the year of friends gathering together to a have a meal together, visit the gravesite and share stories.

As always, family preference outranks everybody else's.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.