Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2017, 11:28:46 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Marketplace  |  Topic: CAP ID Lanyards
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: CAP ID Lanyards  (Read 1887 times)
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »

Some EOCs require that ID be displayed.

An EOC or ICP is about the only place the 101 should be displayed in a CAP context,
despite the fact that members, cadets especially, wear them like a ramp pass the day after they
pass GES.

I recall a TV show 5 or so years ago that had some kind of OPS center and all the
people wore their ID badges clipped to the epaulet sleeve of their class Bs.

"Effort" does not equal "results".
The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Nick
Seasoned Member

Unit: SWR-TX-001

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »

I recall a TV show 5 or so years ago that had some kind of OPS center and all the
people wore their ID badges clipped to the epaulet sleeve of their class Bs.

Back in the days when the CAC system was still on paper, the idea was that the CAC would replace controlled area badges that were locally issued (a lot of wasted money and resources). That's the primary reason the CAC has a mag stripe and NFC. And then it could be worn within the area as an access badge.

Guess how far that idea went. Only in the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholas McLarty, Maj, CAP
Texas Wing Director of Special Projects
National Cadet Team
TIger
Recruit

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »

Here are the ones with the unit in Indiana is selling:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
TIger
Recruit

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »

There is a unit in Indiana that sells these for $4 each.
3/4" wide Navy Blue, 40"long WITH a vinyl ID holder (horizontal)
Same Clip, with breakaway on the neck.
Order 10 or more at $3 each.

Send me a message on here for more information. (Click the green scroll to the left side, under "POSTS: x"

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 11:36:32 PM »

The contents of this post are Copyright 2017 by eclipse. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2016, 09:16:48 AM »

Anyone wanna bet they will receive a letter from NHQ on this issue soon?

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 09:44:57 AM »

Anyone wanna bet they will receive a letter from NHQ on this issue soon?

Well, at least in the latter case, assuming it's a properly approved fundraiser as per 173-4, then NHQ would be
essentially C&D'ing itself.

Luis R. Ramos

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:23 PM »

But if no one tried to seek fundraiser status... So far we have seen three different venues doing this, and not one had posted they had permission.

Squadron Administrative Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
RogueLeader

Unit: Of measure

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 04:30:26 PM »

But if no one tried to seek fundraiser status... So far we have seen three different venues doing this, and not one had posted they had permission.

Are you presuming their guilt or their innocence?  Here, Uncle Sam follows the innocent until proven guilty.  I, for one, don't care enough to dig into it.
<redacted>

GRW 3340
TIger
Recruit

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 07:24:36 PM »

To host an approved fundraiser, the purpose would be to raise funds. Sometimes, squadrons have these on hand for ground teams, and Cadet identification cards, so they can be scanned easily into the Sims database.  Our unit pays 3.00 each for these, so the additional 1.00 helps to cover the postage. My apologies to everyone here for trying to do something nice.  As usual, nice guys finish last, so I withdraw the offer.

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »

To host an approved fundraiser, the purpose would be to raise funds. Sometimes, squadrons have these on hand for ground teams, and Cadet identification cards, so they can be scanned easily into the Sims database.  Our unit pays 3.00 each for these, so the additional 1.00 helps to cover the postage. My apologies to everyone here for trying to do something nice.  As usual, nice guys finish last, so I withdraw the offer.

Is "take your ball and go home" necessary when people bring up legitimate issues?

The regs are very clear about accounting for this kind of thing, and "helps to cover" isn't found in 173-1.

If the postage is coming out of unit funds, and is more then the dollar, the expense would have to be approved by your finance committee,
if it's less then the $1.00, you have to explain where and why that money is coming from, and it should go without saying
the money can't sit in the unit's insignia box, nor can checks to purchase something the unit owns be made out to an individual.

Yes, it's pennies, and seems trivial, but it's the pennies that get people in trouble.

TIger
Recruit

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 08:38:01 PM »

Fundraisers are just that...raising funds for operations.  Since we provide these to our members, we wouldn't break even or raise money from them until we sold 2/3 of them.  We just have a bunch in stock, thought we would do others a favor since our investment is lost.  But people instantly assume there is something funny going on and becomes flamers, so time to stop being nice.  They will stay in The unit, and ppl can pay $20 from someone not just being nice.  Incidentally, it costs $1.57 to mail one, I was going to throw in the .57 because Im overly nice.  Worst case, it could have cost me $20-30. 

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »

Fundraisers are just that...raising funds for operations.  Since we provide these to our members, we wouldn't break even or raise money from them until we sold 2/3 of them.  We just have a bunch in stock, thought we would do others a favor since our investment is lost.  But people instantly assume there is something funny going on and becomes flamers, so time to stop being nice.  They will stay in The unit, and ppl can pay $20 from someone not just being nice.  Incidentally, it costs $1.57 to mail one, I was going to throw in the .57 because Im overly nice.  Worst case, it could have cost me $20-30. 

Flamers?  Did someone contact you direct, because no one "flamed" you here.

The C&D issue is legit, NHQ has been somewhat aggressive in that regard, and my comment was in support of your ability to do what you're doing within the regs.

As to eating $20-30, don't get all indignant about something no one was aware of, nor expected. 

There a lot of things people do with the best intentions that they find out later wasn't kosher re-wise,
and it's exactly things like this that are at the center of it.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Marketplace  |  Topic: CAP ID Lanyards