I did as I was suggested...

Started by CyBorgII, November 21, 2016, 10:40:19 PM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: CyBorgII on November 23, 2016, 06:25:07 PM
PM sent.  I'm not going to hash this out with you publicly ad nauseam again.

I don't get it: you came back, created a new ID (in clear violation of the Membership Code of Conduct, BTW, so I'm not sure why the mods aren't freaking out), and proceeded to re-hash everything that went on since you ceremoniously took yourself out of membership 6-ish months ago.  The unit said "Thanks but no thanks" which is entirely within their purview (absent any legitimate discriminatory activity, which apparently has been looked into and found to not be the case here). 

What is your purpose in doing so? 

To curry sympathy?

To watch a ground swell of CAP-Talk members say "Oh, wow, man, you got screwed? Must have been a conspiracy against you!"?

To expect legitimate engagement with an organization that has elected to not accept your membership?  You already got a letter from the National Commander. Thats kind of the end of the line unless you feel that you situation somehow will benefit from additional scrutiny by the BoG, CAP-USAF, the Department of the Air Force or Congress.  (hint: it probably won't)

Never mind that the unit, group or wing in question has, wisely, decided not to weigh in on the subject.   Why? Well, first, nobody from the organization is going to take up a point-counterpoint discussion of "personnel matters" in public like this.  Its not cool to do so, and I would expect CAP is happy to say "we've handled it."

Since nobody from your old unit, this other unit, or your group command are regular participants on CAP-Talk, we're also not likely to hear "from the other side" on this matter, even anecdotally. Because that won't end well for anybody, either.

So, at the end of the day, you're left doing this:

And we're left doing this:
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

CyBorgII

^^No.

Other members had suggested to me to try to rejoin and rebuild my career.

My post was due to say what happened in result.

I was quite clear about why I created a new ID and that if the mods wanted to remove me, they were entirely free to.

I left nothing to secrecy.

But you are correct about one thing:  I shall not try to rejoin CAP again, even if offered guaranteed membership, which is not going to happen.

I don't need you, or anyone else's, pity or sympathy.

Mods: Remove me, lock the thread or do whatever else you like.  At this point it is irrelevant.
Whaddaya mean I ain't kind?  I'm just not YOUR kind!

Ex-CAP Captain, now CG Auxiliary, but still feel a great deal of affection for the many good people in CAP.

PHall

Quote from: CyBorgII on November 23, 2016, 07:15:58 PM
^^No.

Other members had suggested to me to try to rejoin and rebuild my career.

My post was due to say what happened in result.

I was quite clear about why I created a new ID and that if the mods wanted to remove me, they were entirely free to.

I left nothing to secrecy.

But you are correct about one thing: I shall not try to rejoin CAP again, even if offered guaranteed membership, which is not going to happen.

I don't need you, or anyone else's, pity or sympathy.

Mods: Remove me, lock the thread or do whatever else you like.  At this point it is irrelevant.

You said this last time too, and yet here we are again...

SarDragon

I think we're done here. I'm out of popcorn and wine.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret