More Squadron's Being Formed ???

Started by JAFO78, November 20, 2016, 01:39:19 AM

Eclipse

I heard last night that my wing has two in ramp up - assuming they both get lit before the end of the CY, I
think the wing would only be net 0 on the year.

And needs about 20 to be net positive since I joined in 99.

15 units in a Group seems like a pretty big span of Control, especially in a state a large as Texas.

Just having the CC's and one staffer from each in the same room would be larger then far too many
whole squadrons.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2016, 05:23:34 PM
especially in a state a large as Texas.

You might want to check your numbers on the land mass comparison.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 30, 2016, 05:39:13 PM
especially in a state a large as Texas.

You might want to check your numbers on the land mass comparison.

Texas is the second largest state by land mass and the largest in the contiguous US (AK is #1, CA is #3).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_area

"That Others May Zoom"

dogden

15 units in a Group seems like a pretty big span of Control, especially in a state a large as Texas.

Just having the CC's and one staffer from each in the same room would be larger then far too many
whole squadrons.

It is a large span of control, that is why I have 2 deputy commanders and a chief of staff. It's not normal for a group hq but it is what works for a group that is larger than quite a few wings.
David C Ogden, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing, Group IV Commander
GRW#3325

jeders

Quote from: dogden on November 30, 2016, 06:57:26 PM

whole squadrons.

It is a large span of control, that is why I have 2 deputy commanders and a chief of staff. It's not normal for a group hq but it is what works for a group that is larger than quite a few wings.

It's even more fun when you go out to Group I; fewer units (only 7 or 8 ) but a land area larger than some regions.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse