Main Menu

Some interesting stats

Started by RogueLeader, November 10, 2016, 06:59:35 PM

RogueLeader

I was just looking at some stats, and decided to do a couple of calculations as far as percentages of the posters to site post count

Top Ten Posters have a combined 22.7556% of all CAPTalk Posts
Top three posters have just over 12% of all CAPTalk posts,

And. . . . . .

are you ready for it yet?

Top single poster has just over 6% of all CAPTalk posts. 

Way to eclipse everyone Eclipse. 8)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

I'll own that - not like I have a choice. I took a year off recently, too.

This is the only and singular forum I participate in as a contributor on the web. I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or
any other social media advertising platform. I "work" for myself in IT and as such I am frequently watching
or waiting for things to break at the intersection of boredom and bandwidth.

CT is usually an open tab (of 20) somewhere, and when you don't see my smiling face, it's because I have something to
do that takes actual attention or precludes connectivity.

It would be interesting to understand exactly how the "time online" is calculated.  317 days seems like a lot,
however when you drill it down to 11 years, assuming a 30-day month, it works out to about 2 hours a day.
Considering that at any given time I have at least 6 machines and devices that could be logged in here, sitting idle
because I walked away and left it open, it's not really as much as it might appear. (Does a member clock double if
more then one tab is open on the same machine?)

More then a few times, generally near the end of losing an argument a discussion, someone will ad hominem about
"how much time you spend online", etc. I'll put my 6 posts a day and time online up against anyone else's Twitspace time
and posts any time in the "too much free time" arena (though I will grant I absolutely have TMFT).

It was worse BITD when CadetStuff, All Military, and and other forums were active.  Some of us would have the same
exact argument 3-4 times in different places.

CAP is one of the few things I feel I have relevent experience and knowledge to share, not to mention plenty of things
I would like to see fixed (though my interest in this is waning on several fronts).  When that changes, or I leave CAP,
you won't see me posting about "WIWASM", however when that time comes, you guys will still need like 5 years just to get near my numbers.    :-)

"That Others May Zoom"

Live2Learn

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 10, 2016, 06:59:35 PM
I was just looking at some stats, and decided to do a couple of calculations as far as percentages of the posters to site post count

Top Ten Posters have a combined 22.7556% of all CAPTalk Posts
Top three posters have just over 12% of all CAPTalk posts,

And. . . . . . are you ready for it yet?

Top single poster has just over 6% of all CAPTalk posts. 

Way to eclipse everyone Eclipse. 8)

Either we've been apprised of the "opinion leaders", or we have a few posters who strive to exceed the media's performance in the last POTUS election.   :-[  Humor is sometimes helpful, other times it is earned.

SarDragon

Annnnd, I'm up there at number four. But, I'm retired, so CT is part of my daily entertainment agenda. It is, as well, as an ongoing opportunity to share my knowledge and experiences of CAP from the past 50 years
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

I'm not making any judgments, just an observation. Read into it what you will. There was a time that I was on the top ten posters was well.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Ned

I made the "most time online list" and would also be interested in knowing how the software calculates that figure.  My post count is relatively low, and it is part of my job to lurk and watch things.  But I guess like Bob, I generally just open a tab and leave it there for the day, checking back every couple of hours.

Interesting.

Майор Хаткевич

I'm at number 5. Been on Captalk for almost 10 years. Just shy of 2 posts per day on average.

Flying Pig

My stats show "Most Worshipped"   Wow.. .I never knew.   :clap:

JC004

Quote from: Ned on November 11, 2016, 04:58:48 PM
I made the "most time online list" and would also be interested in knowing how the software calculates that figure.  My post count is relatively low, and it is part of my job to lurk and watch things.  But I guess like Bob, I generally just open a tab and leave it there for the day, checking back every couple of hours.

Interesting.

I wondered that because it wouldn't be unusual for me to have the tab open.  It could be open for hours, even days if I'm not going anywhere.  It just sits in the background.

NIN

Hmmm. For the amount of posting I do on CT, you'd think I'd be in the Top 10. Not even close. 

Hooray for mediocrity.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Sure, I'll jump in.

Often times quality beats quantity.

(Runs for cover)  >:D
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

RiverAux

3 posts a day for ten years.  Doesn't seem excessive.  I do suspect that my average over the last few years is significantly lower.  As with a significant percentage of my Wing (given our declining membership and lack of vigor in certain of our leaders, my interest in CAP activities is just about nil at this point.  Mostly on CAPTalk out of habit these days. 

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: etodd on November 13, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
Sure, I'll jump in.

At your rate, with 10 years in you'd have 4,437 posts.

etodd

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on November 14, 2016, 10:13:54 PM
Sure, I'll jump in.

Will not happen. I've said my bit on most issues.

DakRadz

Quote from: etodd on November 15, 2016, 01:53:15 AM
Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on November 14, 2016, 10:13:54 PM
Sure, I'll jump in.

Will not happen. I've said my bit on most issues.
Lies!

I haven't heard a word from you about the silicone jumpsuits, space heat blanket wing design, or the carrying of wooden swords by cadets whilst being instructed in CAP B-52 airframes.

There will always be new topics. Keep in mind that Eclipse and RiverAux have both taken sabbaticals of considerable length in the 5+ years I've been here.

etodd

Quote from: DakRadz on November 15, 2016, 08:27:10 PM

Lies!

I haven't heard a word from you about the silicone jumpsuits, space heat blanket wing design, or the carrying of wooden swords by cadets whilst being instructed in CAP B-52 airframes.

Those topics don't interest me. ;)