Main Menu

NEW REGULATION CAPR 1-2

Started by kcebnaes, October 11, 2016, 10:40:34 PM

kcebnaes

Hi everyone,

Don't know if you've all seen but, we have a new regulation! CAPR 1-2, which is replacing the old CAPR 5-4 effective on 7 November.

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAPR_12_7_Nov_2016_21418BE1E4A98.pdf
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Eclipse

Looks removed already. Gens a Java error and goes to a default sitewiz login page.

"That Others May Zoom"

kcebnaes

That's weird. It is in eServices. There's also a new ICL for 173-3 and a new pamphlet!
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on October 11, 2016, 11:04:01 PM
Looks removed already. Gens a Java error and goes to a default sitewiz login page.

Worked for me.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Working now - revised in entirety, probably a good thing, but means hard to review for changes.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

So after a quick read, this just reinforces what a bad idea it is for units, especially, to be issuing supplements or even OIs.
The level of maintenance they require makes them not worth the effort.

"8.2. Interim Change Letters (ICL). Situations requiring immediate action due to a state of emergency
or an unforeseen circumstance involving the preservation of life or property
may result in an interim
change letter being issued outlining necessary actions. The National Commander is the only commander
authorized to issue ICLs or emergency regulations."

Current ICLs in force:

CAPM 39-1 CAP Uniform Manual (Authorizing Wear of WWII Aviator Badges)
CAPR 20-1 Organization of Civil Air Patrol (Wing Commanders' Terms)   
CAPR 35-3 Membership Termination (For Non-Payment)
CAPM 39-1 CAP Uniform Manual (National Uniform Committee)  (ABU Wear Instructions)
CAPR 62-1 CAP Safety Responsibilities and Procedures (Intro to Safety)
CAPR 52-16 Cadet Program Management (CAC Terms)
CAPR 60-1 CAP Flight Management (Minimum AGL)
Cadet Program Management (PT Beta Test (superseded ICL dated 15 Jan 16)
CAPR 173-3 Payment for Mission Support (changes to hourly maintenance rates)

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Merged the two topics.

[invokes Emily Litella] Never mind! Two different publications - a reg and a pamphlet.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

Technically speaking, the ABU wear instructions are not an ICL.  They are just that: instructions.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Quote from: kcebnaes on October 11, 2016, 11:21:14 PM
That's weird. It is in eServices. There's also a new ICL for 173-3 and a new pamphlet!

I started a thread fit the pamphlet here:
http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=21520.0
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Quote from: SarDragon on October 12, 2016, 04:56:04 AM
Merged the two topics.

[invokes Emily Litella] Never mind! Two different publications - a reg and a pamphlet.

Is it bad that I had to Google Emily Littela?  It was a funny clip I saw though. From when SNL was good.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 12, 2016, 08:20:28 AM
Technically speaking, the ABU wear instructions are not an ICL.  They are just that: instructions.

The one referenced above is the change to the NUC, the ABU reference is a link next to the topic
in the same table.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 12, 2016, 11:32:16 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on October 12, 2016, 04:56:04 AM
Merged the two topics.

Is it bad that I had to Google Emily Littela?  It was a funny clip I saw though. From when SNL was good.

"Never mind"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

jeders

I'm not so sure I like this new CAPF 1-2. This line in particular makes me think that rather than fixing the massive inefficiency problems that NHQ has, they're merely institutionalizing it so that we'll stop whining when they don't follow simple procedures.

Quote from: CAPR 1-2, A5. 4.2Appropriately used and completed forms are retained by the publication's OPR. Approved suggested are considered during the publication's next revision. Suggestions that are disapproved by the approval authority are not incorporated.

So now, rather than taking 5 minutes to fix the problem and update the publication on the website, we have to wait several years for the next publication update.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

FW