CAP Form 66

Started by Michael Mazanec, September 23, 2016, 01:31:37 AM

Michael Mazanec

Does anybody know if there is an updated version of the CAP Form 66 Cadet Master Record available online that is actually useable? The one on Nationals website is so small you can barley read it let along enter any information into it.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eclipse

The form 66 is no longer used - all information should be recorded and tracked in eServices.

However with that said, the ones on the NHQ forms sites are full sized.

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/F066_Inside_E94EBAA9BE0AB.pdf

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/F066_Outside_F6B24C16DEFB8.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

Michael Mazanec

Thank you for the info. Are units still required to keep paper files on members if everything is tracked in eservices?

My issue with the form 66 is the inside portion was formatted to be printed in 8.5x11 making it really small to read and enter info into, where the old forms that national discontinued printing were pretty much a printed file folder.

Eclipse

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 01:58:14 AM
Thank you for the info. Are units still required to keep paper files on members if everything is tracked in eservices?

No, however this is a complex question that has to be agreed upon within your chain, and the answer
still varies by wing.

The F45 is still technically required by regulation, though it's useless from a practical a practical perspective.
We created an electronic version as a Google Doc and just maintain one for each member.

Hardcopy files are no longer required, my unit has zero paper, however there are records that still need to be kept
for the unit and personnel for things which are still not done online.  The list continues to get smaller, but there
are some decs, some PAs, and some history that one may or may not want to  / need to keep.

There is nothing of any membership-level consequence that isn't tracked online, however some wings
are still clinging to paper, both literally and figuratively.

I just reviewed the 66 again, and there isn't anything in there of consequence that isn't online, assuming duty
appointments and similar are done properly, you could coffee-house argue about stuff like CSRs, but the important stuff like promotions and
CPFT is all online and there's no need for the inside of the 66 at all.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

The online forms are intended to be printed on 11"x17" paper, double sided, or, with proper printer settings, each page on letter size paper. They should come out big enough to make proper entries.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on September 23, 2016, 05:57:45 AM
The online forms are intended to be printed on 11"x17" paper, double sided, or, with proper printer settings, each page on letter size paper. They should come out big enough to make proper entries.

And if you really want to go "Old School" print it out on 11" x 17" card stock.

Michael Mazanec

Quote from: PHall on September 23, 2016, 03:08:16 PM

Lol, I was going to go "old school" and copy my form 66 from when I was a cadet, but most of the current ranks are missing from it.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 03:11:25 PM

Lol, I was going to go "old school" and copy my form 66 from when I was a cadet, but most of the current ranks are missing from it.

Everything but my milestones is missing from e-services.

Michael Mazanec

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 03:13:34 PM

I have the same issue. I left CAP to pursue my EMT and eServices was in the very beginning stages. I came back, and am thankful I have my paper file from back in the day because a lot of my info and history is missing from eServices. National did not even have record of me changing from cadet to senior member and my promotions to FO and TFO.

Майор Хаткевич

IIRC, FO grade isn't tracked in the system even now?

As to your change from Cadet to SM...are you sure the squadron did it right? There's paperwork that needs to be sent to national for those switches.

Michael Mazanec

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 03:41:16 PM
Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on September 23, 2016, 03:13:34 PM

I have the same issue. I left CAP to pursue my EMT and eServices was in the very beginning stages. I came back, and am thankful I have my paper file from back in the day because a lot of my info and history is missing from eServices. National did not even have record of me changing from cadet to senior member and my promotions to FO and TFO.

I am not too sure how it was done. I changed over to senior member back in 1999 a few months after getting my Mitchell award. I left the program on July of 2000. Recently came back in april and starting all over.

RogueLeader

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 01:58:14 AM

Despite what Eclipse has said, the CAPF 45 and 66 are required forms to be used for each member as appropriate for membership category.  However, they are not required to be on paper. They are allowed to be online records.  See CAPR 10-2 Table 11, Rule 2.

Now to Eclipse's statement:
Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 02:31:51 AM

No, however this is a complex question that has to be agreed upon within your chain, and the answer
still varies by wing.

The Wing IG team may not care and not award a nice discrepancy for it, but it is still required to be used.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quotec. When electronic processes (i.e., eServices, WMIRS or other CAP-approved online databases) are developed that meet the documentation requirements of CAP directives, CAP units are authorized to use the electronic process as an alternative to the hard copy files. That information does not then need to be entered on other CAP hard copy formats. CAP units must be sure that the electronic process used meets all documentation requirements of the respective CAP directive before eliminating the use of hard copy records.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R010_002_Chg_draft_comment_period_A28389BB702EE.pdf

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 23, 2016, 04:49:54 PM
The Wing IG team may not care and not award a nice discrepancy for it, but it is still required to be used.

The 45, yes, the 66, no.

Cite where it is "required".

CAPR 52-16, page 10 clearly indicates the preference for records is online.

"3-2. Managing Cadet Records.

a. Master Record. The unit establishes and maintains an electronic or hard copy master record for
each cadet upon joining CAP. Units will use the online Cadet Promotions Application (available through
eServices) for tracking Cadet Program accomplishments. Alternatively, the hard copy CAPF 66, Cadet
Master Record, may be used in lieu of the Cadet Promotions Application.
Units may augment the Cadet
Promotions Application or CAPF 66 with spreadsheets or databases to track the cadets' accomplishments.
b. Cadet Progression Records. Units use the Cadet Promotions Application in eServices to track

cadets' progression through the Cadet Program and approve promotions (or sustain cadets in grade). This
system is connected with the online achievement test system, so cadets' test scores automatically flow into
their individual records, and eServices automatically alerts units when a cadet fulfills promotion requirements.
Use of the eServices system negates the need for the "old" hard copy CAPF 52 series, Phase Certification
Forms, though units may continue to use those forms."

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on September 23, 2016, 05:30:37 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on September 23, 2016, 04:49:54 PM

The 45, yes, the 66, no.

Cite where it is "required".

CAPR 52-16, page 10 clearly indicates the preference for records is online.

"3-2. Managing Cadet Records.

a. Master Record. The unit establishes and maintains an electronic or hard copy master record for
each cadet upon joining CAP. Units will use the online Cadet Promotions Application (available through
eServices) for tracking Cadet Program accomplishments. Alternatively, the hard copy CAPF 66, Cadet
Master Record, may be used in lieu of the Cadet Promotions Application.
Units may augment the Cadet
Promotions Application or CAPF 66 with spreadsheets or databases to track the cadets' accomplishments.
b. Cadet Progression Records. Units use the Cadet Promotions Application in eServices to track

cadets' progression through the Cadet Program and approve promotions (or sustain cadets in grade). This
system is connected with the online achievement test system, so cadets' test scores automatically flow into
their individual records, and eServices automatically alerts units when a cadet fulfills promotion requirements.
Use of the eServices system negates the need for the "old" hard copy CAPF 52 series, Phase Certification
Forms, though units may continue to use those forms."

Was so wrapped up in SUI specifics, didn't even think to use 52-16. Ha.

On the other hand, same Non-issue arises with cadet applications. Online (cadet) applications do not have to be kept. Paper has to be kept. I don't allow paper applications, and I chose not to keep online application printout.  Boom. Less paper.

RogueLeader

Again, CAPR 10-2 Table 11, Rule 2:  under the Includes section:
CAP cadets (e.g., CAPFs 2, 2a, 7, 15, 31, 50-series, 52-series, 66, 77, 95, 120)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 23, 2016, 05:59:06 PM
CAP cadets (e.g., CAPFs 2, 2a, 7, 15, 31, 50-series, 52-series, 66, 77, 95, 120)

In that case, again:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R010_002_Chg_draft_comment_period_A28389BB702EE.pdf

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 23, 2016, 05:59:06 PM

10-2 predates 52-16, and as pointed out in this thread, twice, was updated in 2012 to add the verbiage that
units are authorized to replace hard-copy  documents with electronic equivalents.  Page 3, 7c

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R010_002_06448D9F87459.pdf

"That Others May Zoom"

ßτε

Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 04:23:15 PM
I am not too sure how it was done. I changed over to senior member back in 1999 a few months after getting my Mitchell award. I left the program on July of 2000. Recently came back in april and starting all over.

The process was the same in 1999 as it is now. The member submits a complete CAPF 12 along with a complete fingerprint card to NHQ. Along the top of the form 12 write "Cadet to senior member. No charge."

Michael Mazanec

Quote from: ßτε on September 23, 2016, 06:35:46 PM
Quote from: mpmazanec on September 23, 2016, 04:23:15 PM

The process was the same in 1999 as it is now. The member submits a complete CAPF 12 along with a complete fingerprint card to NHQ. Along the top of the form 12 write "Cadet to senior member. No charge."
We did that, I even have a copy of the original application in my cadet file.