Missouri Civil Air Patrol helps find downed plane and pilot

Started by Eclipse, September 22, 2016, 08:05:32 PM

Eclipse

Nice!

http://fox2now.com/2016/09/19/missouri-civil-air-patrol-helps-find-downed-plane-and-pilot/

"CHESTERFIELD, MO (KTVI) – A Chesterfield pilot is expected to recover after the single engine plane he was flying crashed near the Spirit of St. Louis Airport Sunday night.

Authorities believe he may have been doing "touch and go" maneuvers when the plane stalled.  He was the only person on board.

The U.S. Air Force has credited the Missouri Civil Air Patrol with both a "find" and a "save", as in finding the plane and saving the pilot."

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

That's better news than much of what has been discussed here lately. Bravo-zulu, Missouri!
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

CAPDCCMOM

OO-RAH MOWG :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

etodd

Crashed at 8pm and found by 10pm.   Bravo to the Ground search team that could be mobilized so quickly. How long had the local helicopters ben looking before they asked for CAP help? Did the local officials know the CAP folks and call the Squadron first or did they call AFRCC? Do the CAP folks live next door to the airport and have their gear in their car? The timeline interests me. Good folks there. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

DakRadz

Pshh, Eclipse says we aren't a first responder service- I've seen worse response times from rural areas for EMS!

(I'm joking, Eclipse- truly)

1st Lt Raduenz

SarDragon

Quote from: DakRadz on September 23, 2016, 12:14:11 PM
Pshh, Eclipse says we aren't a first responder service- I've seen worse response times from rural areas for EMS!

(I'm joking, Eclipse- truly)

1st Lt Raduenz

Don't poke the bear!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Toad1168

Funny thing is that this crash was right off the runway at the airport that this senior squadron meets at.  They were primed to help find it.
Toad

Holding Pattern

Does anyone know which variant of DF gear the ground team had? (I see the picture, and I'm 99% certain it isn't a stock image, but I've been wrong before)

Eclipse

Well, you could watch the video, that's a screen cap...

It's the old-style l-per.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on September 27, 2016, 03:32:06 PM
Well, you could watch the video, that's a screen cap...

It's the old-style l-per.

I disable videos by default, so it didn't even show up as such. Ah well, such is the price of extreme security.

Eclipse

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on September 27, 2016, 03:47:14 PM
I disable videos by default, so it didn't even show up as such. Ah well, such is the price of extreme security.

Does the tinfoil ever cause chafing?

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on September 27, 2016, 03:52:32 PM
Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on September 27, 2016, 03:47:14 PM

Does the tinfoil ever cause chafing?

The lack of ransomware is quite breezy.