FCC GROL eServices entry

Started by Briank, July 26, 2016, 10:25:56 PM

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on August 20, 2016, 08:16:20 AM
Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on August 20, 2016, 03:35:52 AM
NHQ or USAF?

Wel-l-l-l-l-l... since the quote above was from CAPR 100-1, and USAF doesn't have an NHQ, I think it would be safe to say CAP.

The Air Force does have a "NHQ", it's called Headquarters Air Force and usually abbreviated as HAF.

Luis R. Ramos

I disagree.

When you want to refer to Air Force Headquarters, usually we never use NHQ. We usually leave NHQ to refer to CAP, and use HAf to Refer to Headquarters, Air Force.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Holding Pattern

Quote from: SarDragon on August 20, 2016, 08:16:20 AM
Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on August 20, 2016, 03:35:52 AM
NHQ or USAF?

Wel-l-l-l-l-l... since the quote above was from CAPR 100-1, and USAF doesn't have an NHQ, I think it would be safe to say CAP.

What I was referring to is the fact that many CAPR directives come from USAF directives telling us how to do things.

SarDragon

OK, enough of the urinating competition, and back on topic.

Given proper permission, a GROL can be useful at operational levels, especially with regard to repeaters. We have several folks in CAWG who are qualified to do a defined level of maintenance on repeaters, and most of them have a GROL.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Briank

Quote from: SarDragon on August 20, 2016, 10:43:15 PM
Given proper permission, a GROL can be useful at operational levels, especially with regard to repeaters. We have several folks in CAWG who are qualified to do a defined level of maintenance on repeaters, and most of them have a GROL.

I guess I'll just keep my eyes open and see if I can be useful in that capacity with my GROL+RADAR anywhere locally.  I joined CAP because I'm a pilot, but I do enjoy radio too!  :-)