Skills Evaluator and ES Training

Started by Nascar Jack, July 24, 2016, 08:32:15 PM

Nascar Jack

I just got GTM2 at Hawk Mountain this year, and I really want to pass on my knowledge to the cadets at my squadron (I am the only cadet with any ES there.)

On the GTM3 SQTR one task is a GTM exercise, so how would I schedule that or set it up?

Also, how do I get my GTM skills evaluator so I can sign off cadets on their tasks? Do I need any qualifications to teach them?

I've looked everywhere but information about SET is few and far between.

Eclipse

Quote from: CadetOfTheEon on July 24, 2016, 08:32:15 PM
On the GTM3 SQTR one task is a GTM exercise, so how would I schedule that or set it up?

??
The Exercise referred to would be one of the two you had to participate in under the evaluation of
a qualified SET.   Assuming you completed that properly, there will be one open one shown as is required
for recurrent training as a participant in a qualification for which you are training or already qual'ed.

As a cadet you do not have the ability to set up these exercises, nor do most units without coordination
with either Group, Wing, or both.

Consult your CC or ESO.

Also, how do I get my GTM skills evaluator so I can sign off cadets on their tasks? Do I need any qualifications to teach them?
You have to be current and qualified for at least a calendar year to be an SET for a respective qualification.
Appointments are made per-qualification.

You also have to take and pass the online SET test, and the CAP instructor basic course isn't a bad idea.

Some wings do not allow cadets to be SETs, and the appointment is at the discretion of your CC.  You will have to check that locally.

With that said, and with the approval of your CC and / or ESO, anyone can "teach" anyone else.

I've looked everywhere but information about SET is few and far between.
https://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1839/kw/SET

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret