Online Milestone testing Apocalypse

Started by Eclipse, July 06, 2016, 10:13:39 PM

Eclipse

Strike that, reverse it

! No longer available

We had the opportunity to use this "new" module, and it worked with no issues.

For units that have internet access and the ability to print, I can't see any reason to maintain
a local inventory of tests.

One more thing off the list.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Eclipse

Nothing, ignore that, not sure what I was thinking.

Don't see any reason to maintain a local inventory.

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Just about as soon as they announced the online milestones, my testing officer and I decided to eliminate the last of our paper tests.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

PHall

Yeah, we shredded and burned our milestone tests. Not having to maintain the Test Control Log is one less thing to get dinged on during the SUI! :clap:

CAPDCCMOM

What about keeping paper copies for Cadets that have Special Education Accommodations? Many Cadets with IEP's, which we must follow and adhere to CAPR 52-16, are allowed "extra time". There is no way, that I know of to "stop the clock" in e-services online testing. If there is, please let me know. My Testing Officer will be so thrilled.

Майор Хаткевич

This is where the printer comes in....print copies as needed, then destroy

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on July 06, 2016, 10:13:39 PM
For units that have internet access and the ability to print, I can't see any reason to maintain

For various reasons, our cadets seem to do better with and prefer paper to online testing, so we continue to do paper as an option. If we were short staffed and couldn't maintain it, we would probably discontinue. For now though, we have the people and the ability so we do what we can to help the cadets.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 07, 2016, 06:53:56 PM

For various reasons, our cadets seem to do better with and prefer paper to online testing, so we continue to do paper as an option. If we were short staffed and couldn't maintain it, we would probably discontinue. For now though, we have the people and the ability so we do what we can to help the cadets.

It's no different with online testing. A Testing Officer still has to be present.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on July 07, 2016, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 07, 2016, 06:53:56 PM

It's no different with online testing. A Testing Officer still has to be present.

For milestones, not for achievements, although in retrospect I guess we were just talking milestones. What I get for not reading.

68w20

Quote from: CAPDCCMOM on July 07, 2016, 01:06:47 PM
What about keeping paper copies for Cadets that have Special Education Accommodations? Many Cadets with IEP's, which we must follow and adhere to CAPR 52-16, are allowed "extra time". There is no way, that I know of to "stop the clock" in e-services online testing. If there is, please let me know. My Testing Officer will be so thrilled.

As Капитан Хаткевич said, print paper copies as needed and destroy them after.  We ran into this literally a month after we had shredded/destroyed all paper tests.  One of our Cadets, who had been struggling with online testing due to the time limit, came to us with an IEP that said he needed extra time and to have written tests read to him.  Hard copies are accessible via eServices (instructions found here: http://tinyurl.com/h3be8dh)

According to capmembers "Seniors may obtain hard copies" via eServices.  I'm not sure if specific permissions are required (e.g. TCO, CC, etc), or if any Senior can access them.  We've only had our TCO print them out, but YMMV.