ICUT is coming soon! Morning, Night, or Noon!

Started by Theodore, April 12, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on April 13, 2016, 03:13:30 PM
He got the gray hair when trying to make sense of the regulations and posting in CAPTalk and reading all different interpretations.

So what makes you lose your hair then?

Eclipse

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 13, 2016, 03:18:13 PM
He got the gray hair when trying to make sense of the regulations and posting in CAPTalk and reading all different interpretations.

Pulling it out when you get the "answers".

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Explaining the regulations.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on April 13, 2016, 03:22:28 PM

Explaining the regulations.

For the 5th time to the same person because they didn't like the answer and either:
a) hoping to wear you down into giving in
or
b) hoping the answer is going to change.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 13, 2016, 03:36:30 PM
For the 5th time to the same person because they didn't like the answer and either:
or

Seriously, there should be a decoration with attachments for this.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on April 13, 2016, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on April 13, 2016, 03:36:30 PM
or

Seriously, there should be a decoration with attachments for this.

No doubt.  I'd have 5 maxed ribbons for it.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

lordmonar

And we started a uniform thread!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

C/SrA Ravlin

Folks please remeber that you can operate any CAP radio without being ICUT certified. As long as a ICUT rated member is there, you can and in most cases will operate a radio depending on the mission.
Cadet SrA Ravlin
Cadet Communications NCO
Boise RMR-ID-073
"Semper Vigilans"
www.gocivilairpatrol.com
www.boisecap.org

Holding Pattern

Quote from: C/SrA Ravlin on April 13, 2016, 07:28:24 PM
Folks please remeber that you can operate any CAP radio without being ICUT certified. As long as a ICUT rated member is there, you can and in most cases will operate a radio depending on the mission.

Can you provide the regulation and paragraph that explicitly allows for this? Because I can't find it.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on April 13, 2016, 07:41:34 PM

Can you provide the regulation and paragraph that explicitly allows for this? Because I can't find it.

Seriously? We already discussed and settled this.

If "[a]ll members with duties requiring unsupervised operation of radios on CAP frequencies must complete ICUT training" (CAPR 100-1, Para. 5.2.1), then members without ICUT can do so under appropriate supervision. How else would a Mission Scanner (MS) trainee complete Task O-2018, when ICUT is not even a requirement for MS qualification? A GTM3 trainee can also complete Task L-0002 before completing ICUT.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 13, 2016, 07:59:59 PM

If "[a]ll members with duties requiring unsupervised operation of radios on CAP frequencies must complete ICUT training" (CAPR 100-1, Para. 5.2.1), then members without ICUT can do so under appropriate supervision.

If they made regulatory provisions for "supervised" operation by non-cap members, it seems odd that they wouldn't put in those provisions as well for cap members without ICUT. The lack thereof indicates to me that "supervised" radio operations aren't a thing, especially considering the exceptionally low bar of entry for ICUT.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on April 13, 2016, 08:15:55 PM

If "[a]ll members with duties requiring unsupervised operation of radios on CAP frequencies must complete ICUT training" (CAPR 100-1, Para. 5.2.1), then members without ICUT can do so under appropriate supervision.

If they made regulatory provisions for "supervised" operation by non-cap members, it seems odd that they wouldn't put in those provisions as well for cap members without ICUT. The lack thereof indicates to me that "supervised" radio operations aren't a thing, especially considering the exceptionally low bar of entry for ICUT.

Then by your logic, members wouldn't be able to complete the tasks I mentioned above without ICUT. But as it stands, they can and do all the time.

Please site the regulation that prohibits operating a CAP radio, even under supervision of a qualified member, without ICUT.

lordmonar

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 13, 2016, 08:43:06 PM

Then by your logic, members wouldn't be able to complete the tasks I mentioned above without ICUT. But as it stands, they can and do all the time.

Please site the regulation that prohibits operating a CAP radio, even under supervision of a qualified member, without ICUT.
Worse.....by that thinking.....a member could not complete ICUT Training.   :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Holding Pattern

Quote from: lordmonar on April 13, 2016, 09:38:44 PM

Covered in 5.2, actually.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on April 13, 2016, 11:11:40 PM

Still waiting for you to cite the regulation that prohibits operating a CAP radio without ICUT under supervision of a qualified member.

C/SrA Ravlin

Same thinking that allows a member of the Sherrif to use our radio in a SAR situation. As long as an ICUT qualed person is nearby and regulating the use of the radio...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Cadet SrA Ravlin
Cadet Communications NCO
Boise RMR-ID-073
"Semper Vigilans"
www.gocivilairpatrol.com
www.boisecap.org

abdsp51

Quote from: C/SrA Ravlin on April 13, 2016, 11:49:08 PM
Same thinking that allows a member of the Sherrif to use our radio in a SAR situation. As long as an ICUT qualed person is nearby and regulating the use of the radio...

You are aware that the likelyhood of that happening is slim to nil of a sheriff using our net right?   Most LE agencies have their own nets and some of those are connected to neighboring jurisdictions and statewide. 

Holding Pattern

Quote from: C/SrA Ravlin on April 13, 2016, 11:49:08 PM

No. There is a reg for that too:

5.6.2. For the purposes of liaison communications, representatives of Federal, state, and local
agencies may occasionally operate CAP equipment without direct supervision. This would
normally only occur under situations where a memorandum of understanding (MOU) or other
formal relationship exists with that agency and where it is necessary in a contingency situation.

There is NO reg that like that for CAP members. That is the problem.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 13, 2016, 11:36:14 PM

Still waiting for you to cite the regulation that prohibits operating a CAP radio without ICUT under supervision of a qualified member.

I'm still waiting first for the regulation that allows it.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on April 14, 2016, 03:30:20 AM
Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 13, 2016, 11:36:14 PM

I'm still waiting first for the regulation that allows it.

I've quoted it multiple times, but you refuse to acknowledge it. It doesn't matter. Your opinion is in the minority and several SQTRs support what's already confirmed by regulation and is common practice. You can lead a horse to water, but...