2006 SER Cadet encampment

Started by flyguy06, May 16, 2007, 05:17:37 AM

flyguy06

I understand theat we had a few major hic ups at the 2006 cadet encampment at Ft Benning last year. Does anyone have any information on exactly what happened? I am not asking you to put the SER's business out on the internet. If you prefer to PM me then please do. I am concerned because Benning is an exellent place to train ( I am a little biased on that) and this has affected my wing because I understand that the Army isnt really to thrilled with us and probably wont let us train there in the near future. So, I want to know exactly what happened, or who can tell me. Thanks.

mikeylikey

Six words:  CAP CADETS ACCIDENTLY SENT TO IRAQ. 

That would be one heck of an O-Flight!
What's up monkeys?

Stonewall

From what I understand, CAP had to supply Ft. Benning with descriptions of the CAP uniform(s) that would be worn on base for identification and security purposes.  By the time the encampment took place, CAP uniforms changed 16 different times and caused a huge problem for the MPs.  But that's just the rumor on the street.
Serving since 1987.

flyguy06

There are no MP's at Ft Benning. Its all done by civilian federal LEO's now. MP's dont do what they did wayyyyy back in the day

Stonewall

I guess my attempt at being funny was lost on a technicality.
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Stonewall on May 17, 2007, 06:46:31 AM

I got it!  Guess you could say some guys need to lighten up. 
What's up monkeys?

LtCol White

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 17, 2007, 01:53:18 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on May 17, 2007, 06:46:31 AM

I got it!  Guess you could say some guys need to lighten up. 

As always on here but as of yet, no one has offered anything towards flyguy's question except jokes. Come on guys, he is asking for info/help here.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.