Military Awards on the Corporate Uniform

Started by NC Wing Range Master, February 14, 2016, 04:40:30 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

When CAP got the CSU taken away, then-National CC General Courter made it clear that the corporate uniform does not exist to provide a military-styled alternative.  Whether or not those were her words, or her saying what she was told to say by higher authority, I do not know.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

stillamarine

Meh, when I first came back after my active duty I wore my military awards and my jump wings. Now I don't. I can't think of a reason to wear them. I think it looks funny.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Shuman 14

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 14, 2016, 05:02:32 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on February 14, 2016, 04:55:31 PM
Fairly recently the USAF pretty much authorized every single US Military Badge to worn on its uniform.

Cite, because that is so not the case.  Yet again you talk about things you know little to nothing about.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/01/21/usaf-updates-afi-36-2903-2/

QuoteSister Service Qualification Badges are back! Looking at the AFI, it appears that it’s now game on. Not only are sister service aeronautical badges authorized but also the Army badges previously authorized with the BDU such as Air Assault and Pathfinder. Based on what I saw in the AFI it also looks like badges such as USN warfare pins are now also authorized for wear on the ABU and service dress a similar fashion to a Group 4 badge in the US Army. Additionally, tabs like ‘Ranger’ and ‘Special Forces’ are also once again authorized for wear. However, for some odd reason, the US Army ‘Airborne’ tab is in the AFI and it has never been an individual award but rather a part of a unit’s Shoulder Sleeve Insignia. Although, admittedly, back in the day I saw Airmen assigned to joint units like JCSE wear it stand alone on their sleeve. 

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2015/05/29/air-force-uniform-guidance/26512343/

QuoteThe uniform guidance from January 2014 allowed airmen to wear sister services' badges and qualification badges, but it did not adequately describe all of the badges that airmen can wear, Ewalt said.

"We opened the aperture to say, 'qualification and miscellaneous badges and patches,'" she said. "It cuts down the questions that we were getting from the field – we think it will, anyway."

While Attachment V of AFI 36-2903 gives examples of the qualification badges that airmen can wear, the list is not inclusive, said Ewalt, who added, "There's no way we can list them all."

Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

abdsp51

Quote from: shuman14 on February 17, 2016, 01:12:44 PM
Fairly recently the USAF pretty much authorized every single US Military Badge to worn on its uniform.

Cite, because that is so not the case.  Yet again you talk about things you know little to nothing about.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/01/21/usaf-updates-afi-36-2903-2/

QuoteSister Service Qualification Badges are back! Looking at the AFI, it appears that it's now game on. Not only are sister service aeronautical badges authorized but also the Army badges previously authorized with the BDU such as Air Assault and Pathfinder. Based on what I saw in the AFI it also looks like badges such as USN warfare pins are now also authorized for wear on the ABU and service dress a similar fashion to a Group 4 badge in the US Army. Additionally, tabs like 'Ranger' and 'Special Forces' are also once again authorized for wear. However, for some odd reason, the US Army 'Airborne' tab is in the AFI and it has never been an individual award but rather a part of a unit's Shoulder Sleeve Insignia. Although, admittedly, back in the day I saw Airmen assigned to joint units like JCSE wear it stand alone on their sleeve. 

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2015/05/29/air-force-uniform-guidance/26512343/

QuoteThe uniform guidance from January 2014 allowed airmen to wear sister services' badges and qualification badges, but it did not adequately describe all of the badges that airmen can wear, Ewalt said.

"We opened the aperture to say, 'qualification and miscellaneous badges and patches,'" she said. "It cuts down the questions that we were getting from the field – we think it will, anyway."

While Attachment V of AFI 36-2903 gives examples of the qualification badges that airmen can wear, the list is not inclusive, said Ewalt, who added, "There's no way we can list them all."

Try again neither of those are a valid or credible source.... Yet again you have no idea what you are talking about.

Shuman 14

Air Force Times is not a valid source.  ::)

Ok you got me.
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

abdsp51

Quote from: shuman14 on February 17, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
Air Force Times is not a valid source.  ::)

Ok you got me.

The Times publucations just like military.com, etc are definitely not valid sources.

Bobble

Can you say "Swagger Stick"?  I know Shuman can.  He owns one.
R. Litzke, Capt, CAP
NER-NY-153

"Men WILL wear underpants."

Shuman 14

QuoteCan you say "Swagger Stick"?  I know Shuman can.  He owns one.

I also have a sabre and an Army Officer's Cloak... your point.
Joseph J. Clune

Shuman 14

QuoteThe Times publications just like military.com, etc. are definitely not valid sources.

Why? Because you say it is?

If the information is not factually correct, please post the correct information and source.
Joseph J. Clune

abdsp51

Quote from: shuman14 on February 18, 2016, 12:45:50 PM
QuoteThe Times publications just like military.com, etc. are definitely not valid sources.

Why? Because you say it is?

If the information is not factually correct, please post the correct information and source.

Because it is fact they are not an official source for information much less credible.  Do you believe everything the news tells you?

Shuman 14

No, but based on your statement no news source is credible.

I would submit to you that the Air Force Times, is more credible, when it comes to USAF and general Military issues, than the NY Times or the Chicago Tribune.

Again, if you believe the information is not factual, simply cite the correct and factual information from a more credible source.   
Joseph J. Clune

abdsp51

Quote from: shuman14 on February 18, 2016, 02:36:20 PM

I would submit to you that the Air Force Times, is more credible, when it comes to USAF and general Military issues, than the NY Times or the Chicago Tribune.

Again, if you believe the information is not factual, simply cite the correct and factual information from a more credible source.

I don't believe its not factual I know it's not.  And my source is far more credible.

But hey Barney keep believing what you believe...

Shuman 14

Great, then post your source and thanks for the not so veiled police insult... very professional.
Joseph J. Clune

Raikkonen

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 18, 2016, 03:00:18 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on February 18, 2016, 02:36:20 PM

I don't believe its not factual I know it's not.  And my source is far more credible.

But hey Barney keep believing what you believe...

I agree, Air Force, Army, Marine Times are NOT good sources for anything.  Time and time again I have seen those papers mislead people.  They do report on actual items but a lot of times those items are not approved yet or are still in the refinement process. 

Now, for a valid source that states we can wear sister-service badges on our uniform in the Air Force...  Here's mine:

AFI 36-2903, Chapter 10

"Airmen may wear earned Air Force and other service's qualification
badges on all blue service uniforms (see para 10.5.)."

I'm pretty sure my source is valid.  I'm prior Air Force then Army and now back in the Air Force.  I wear Army awards and decorations on my Air Force service dress.  Right there in the regs, plain as day, it's authorized.

G+10

Quote from: Fubar on February 15, 2016, 11:10:53 AM
Quote from: NC Wing Range Master on February 15, 2016, 08:26:49 AM
Only if it is a Dining Out or Similar Formal event, when the guest speaker is also in the Army.  I wear a CAP uniform to CAP events.  I represent the organization that I am serving, and quite proudly so.

You might want to update your photo on your squadron's website then. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm betting you didn't have a CAP uniform photo yet and needed something posted.

Not to derail the topic but since you mentioned the website I had to take a look!

The website is actually very nice. I do have a question though -  In the NC Summer Encampment 2015 gallery there are cadets with some sort of tab between the CAP tape and their GT badge - what is that?

John

jeders

Quote from: G+10 on February 18, 2016, 10:01:47 PM
Quote from: Fubar on February 15, 2016, 11:10:53 AM
Quote from: NC Wing Range Master on February 15, 2016, 08:26:49 AM
Only if it is a Dining Out or Similar Formal event, when the guest speaker is also in the Army.  I wear a CAP uniform to CAP events.  I represent the organization that I am serving, and quite proudly so.

You might want to update your photo on your squadron's website then. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm betting you didn't have a CAP uniform photo yet and needed something posted.

Not to derail the topic but since you mentioned the website I had to take a look!

The website is actually very nice. I do have a question though -  In the NC Summer Encampment 2015 gallery there are cadets with some sort of tab between the CAP tape and their GT badge - what is that?

John

Not having looked at the website, my guess would be Hawk Mountain Ranger Tabs, which are currently authorized.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Spam

North Carolina has their own ranger program (sorry, no offense intended, I'm sure its a good program, but I only capitalize the word for three types of Ranger:  Army, Texas, and Park).

I've had two cadets who earned NCWG ranger tabs, and allowed them to continue to wear them when they transferred in. Perhaps I should have been more of a Herbert and told them to take them off.

V/R
Spam

lordmonar

Quote from: Spam on February 19, 2016, 12:36:38 AM
(sorry, no offense intended, I'm sure its a good program, but I only capitalize the word for three types of Ranger:  Army, Texas, and Park).
So the offense was really intended after all.   >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

GroundHawg

I served in the Army and then the Air Force. It is the case whether you want to believe it or not. I can now wear a couple of the badges that I was once previously denied. As has been stated, refer to AFI 36-2903 for any questions for your "Cite".

I cant fathom why you would think it is acceptable to talk to anyone this way, let alone an Officer in the US Army. I can assure you that I will raise my children with more respect than you have been raised with.

abdsp51

Quote from: GroundHawg on February 19, 2016, 10:38:23 PM
I served in the Army and then the Air Force. It is the case whether you want to believe it or not. I can now wear a couple of the badges that I was once previously denied. As has been stated, refer to AFI 36-2903 for any questions for your "Cite".

I cant fathom why you would think it is acceptable to talk to anyone this way, let alone an Officer in the US Army. I can assure you that I will raise my children with more respect than you have been raised with.

Good for you for serving.  I can assure that 36-2903 does not say every badge... Shuman was challenged to provide a credible source beside The Times publications etc. 

The AFI states qualification badges not every badge.  Shall I provide you with the exact verbage??