NCSA applications postponed

Started by Pulsar, December 10, 2015, 06:10:10 PM

Pulsar

Does anyone know why NCSAs have been pushed back twice this year or why they have not posted any new information on the NCSA site?
thanks
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

"A fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Ned

We expect to go live with the 2016 page on the website tomorrow (Friday).  All dates and info will be current.

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager

Noloblock

What time today will the website be updated?

Garibaldi

Quote from: Noloblock on December 11, 2015, 03:40:00 PM

Today. Which means anywhere from right now to midnight. Top men are working on it. Top. Men.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 11, 2015, 03:45:09 PM

Today. Which means anywhere from right now to midnight. Top men are working on it. Top. Men.

Thank you, Red Six.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Garibaldi

Quote from: THRAWN on December 11, 2015, 03:52:53 PM

Thank you, Red Six.

Shhhh  :-X remember the other thread? Top Secret Delta information about my code name can get both of us killed. Or worse.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

THRAWN

Quote from: Garibaldi on December 11, 2015, 03:59:40 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on December 11, 2015, 03:52:53 PM

Thank you, Red Six.

Shhhh  :-X remember the other thread? Top Secret Delta information about my code name can get both of us killed. Or worse.

Have a sandwich, Porkins. You get all Major Eaton-y when you're hungry...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Alaric

According to the site, the time it will open is 1700 Central

xray328

Does it matter?  Not trying to sound like a jerk, just wondering if there's any advantage to being the first one to submit an application?

lordmonar

No just don't wait till the last day
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

Quote from: xray328 on December 11, 2015, 06:32:45 PM
Does it matter?  Not trying to sound like a jerk, just wondering if there's any advantage to being the first one to submit an application?

No advantage what-so-ever.  The list that is given to your Wing National Cadet Special Activities Selection Board does not show when the app was submitted.
So as long as you get the app in before the application period closes, you're good.

Pulsar

Quote from: xray328 on December 11, 2015, 06:32:45 PM

Some of us are just really excited and can't wait...  ; ;)
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.

Shutterbug

Quote from: Pulsar on December 11, 2015, 11:22:43 PM

Ditto. Unfortunately, the application module still doesn't seem to be working. The winter NCSAs are still listed.

Pulsar

Quote from: Shutterbug on December 12, 2015, 01:54:42 AM
Quote from: Pulsar on December 11, 2015, 11:22:43 PM

Ditto. Unfortunately, the application module still doesn't seem to be working. The winter NCSAs are still listed.

Yeah, its almost 2300 est and still not up and application not opened for summer activities...
C/LtCol Neutron Star

thebeggerpie

It is the 12th of December.

And we still can't apply for NCSAs.

Alaric

Don't mind the delay, I do wish they would update the site once they have passed the deadline

Buckle Up Buckaroo

Now 13 full days. I hope NHQ gives an announcement or something at least. I have a lot of cadets seriously getting concerned/anxious.

apache

Have the attendees for the 2016 Civic Leadership Academy been announced yet?

Pulsar

aaaah! All the summer ncsas are gone from the website!   ;)
C/LtCol Neutron Star

thebeggerpie

Quote from: apache on December 13, 2015, 08:33:24 PM
Have the attendees for the 2016 Civic Leadership Academy been announced yet?

NOPE! I would know, I applied, I am watching like a hawk.