Debunking the Flight Attendant Stereotype

Started by FARRIER, May 06, 2007, 09:17:35 PM

FARRIER

I figure this this wold be a good time. Having worked 10 years in the airline industry (two of those years, dual duty in an airline training center), there was a certain stereotype about flight attendants. They are not there to serve you coffee. they are there for your safety.

Here are two links to provide further information:

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/examiners_inspectors/8400/media/volume3/3_014_03.pdf

http://www.afanet.org/

A good was the United Airlines Sioux Flight 232 City Crash. They helped prepare the passengers before the crash.

Enjoy :)

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

JohnKachenmeister

My son is a flight attendant.  His favorite quote is "I am here to save your a$$, not to kiss it."

Incidentally, for any cadets that might be looking for a great aviation career, and who cannot afford pilot training, Flight Attendant is a great job.  My son (A former CAP cadet) has been working for Spirit Airlines for almost 6 years, and loves it.

His MySpace is filled with DOZENS of hot-looking girls that he works with. 
Another former CAP officer

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 06, 2007, 09:56:14 PM
My son is a flight attendant. 
His MySpace is filled with DOZENS of hot-looking girls that he works with. 

Please tell me more about this airline  ;D
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

JohnKachenmeister

JohnKachenmeister

Never mind.  I just noticed he set his page to private.  Check out mine.  I've got some of his friends on my page:  www.myspace.com/Blaster1923

JohnKachenmeister

He works for Spirit Airlines, and he's in Puerto Rico today.

NIN

Kach, does he work Orlando? I have a friend who works for Spirit (ground side) in Orlando..

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JohnKachenmeister

No Flight Attendants are based out of Orlando.  The bases are Ft. Lauderdale and Detroit.  My son is based out of Detroit, but he goes to MCO all the time.  When he's there for an overnight, we usually drive over to Orlando and spring for dinner for him.  (And his girlfriend, if she's flying with him).  His first name is Jason.  He's been with Spirit for more than 5 years, so your friend probably knows him.

Don't hold it against me.

Nick

Hm, that might be a good idea for me once I get back from my next deployment ... obviously I'm not going to travel and see the world in the Air Force (we have one available region as a destination in this career field, and it all involves sand), so I might as well do it somewhere else. :)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

JohnKachenmeister

My son would make a good living if he didn't have to pay out so much child support.  As it is his ex is able to finance a very comfortable lifestyle.  Or at least she would if she spent the money on the kids instead of on tattoos.