Great job !

Started by stixco1, March 24, 2015, 01:58:50 PM

LTC Don

That really is a great article, and glad to see the Sheriff was impressed although a question arises as to why CAP didn't appear to being used in the other search.  Aside from that though, the Lt's grade on his flightsuit jumped out at me but the light is a bit wonky.  Is it on the garment properly?
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Luis R. Ramos

LTC-

You are right, the light is poor but it seems the Lt bar is sewn on the shoulder of his uniform as if it would be on the collar of a Blues uniform. However I am a lonely Captain, with only a non-distress find. I am not going to tell this guy that. Will leave it to others...

Anyway it was BZ for these two, BRAVO ZULU!

:clap:
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

This is a record! We turned this into a uniform thread in ONE post!  :P
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Storm Chaser

True. That said, a lieutenant SHOULD know how to wear his uniform.

LTC Don

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 24, 2015, 04:57:50 PM

True enough, but it's not his fault and nothing should be taken away from their awesome work to find that couple.  The blame rests squarely with how he was trained (or not) through his level one program.  :-[
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

jeders

First and foremost, that was an excellent job that those two did. Not only did they show dedication and professionalism in getting the job done (regardless of the outcome), but they also found both individuals several miles apart. I know of many people who would tell the alerting officer/IC to find someone else because they were just getting into bed.

As to the uniform being out of whack, that's the worst insignia misplacement that I've ever seen. But let's still not allow it to detract from the excellent job that they did.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the article, despite it's length and detail, doesn't mention any rank for the two CAP personnel. Just goes to show how little that really matters when it comes to interacting with outside agencies and getting the job done.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

CadetSnuffy

Quote from: Storm Chaser on March 24, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
Logic seems to evade some people concerning these matters. #don'tbethatguy
There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, then that one that has been to the moon.