Main Menu

CAP NCO Epaulets

Started by vento, August 21, 2014, 11:51:35 PM

Al Sayre

Wonder how long it will be before these start showing up on Cadet sleeves at East Podunk Squadron... >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

flyboy53

Quote from: CyBorg on October 20, 2014, 03:16:19 AM
I do not understand why there has to be the big "CAP" lettering on the chevrons anyway.  To me the full-colour prop/triangle replacing the AF star is quite enough and does not look nearly as cluttered.

Since NCO's are not saluted, the time-worn argument of "trolling for salutes" cannot be used.

It's for the same reason we wear gray rank sleeves and name plates -- it's all about our status as volunteers.

Although I agree with you about the red props, that lack of that color in a chevron on what is still basically an Air Force uniform may have more to do with the approvals that CAP received to return to this program.

I just wish that CAP imposed a quality assurance standard that holds Big V to the line where we don't get junk.

I also wonder how much of our insignia gets sold to collectors.....

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Al Sayre on October 20, 2014, 12:14:09 PM
Wonder how long it will be before these start showing up on Cadet sleeves at East Podunk Squadron... >:D

I'm more worried about the metal grade insignia.

PHall

Quote from: flyboy1 on October 20, 2014, 12:22:35 PM

No way of telling since Vanguard doesn't restrict sales of CAP insignia on their website.
Of course they don't restrict sales of military insignia either... ::)

The CyBorg is destroyed

It's for the same reason we wear gray rank sleeves and name plates -- it's all about our status as volunteers.

Which, of course, was not always the case, especially prior to about 1990, when all the handwringing about "distinctiveness" started.

Although I agree with you about the red props, that lack of that color in a chevron on what is still basically an Air Force uniform may have more to do with the approvals that CAP received to return to this program.

It could be, but I do not see it, because the Air Force does not use red.  I would be just as happy with plain blue/white props without the imposed "CAP."

I just wish that CAP imposed a quality assurance standard that holds Big V to the line where we don't get junk.

Be careful with what you say about VG.  I've been chastised for being less-than-gold-plated-glowing about them.

Quite a lot.  Plug "Civil Air Patrol insignia" into Evilbay and you'll have PLENTY to go through.

Oddly enough, the "berry boards" have become "collectors' items."  THAT is beyond me.  I junked mine as soon as the grey ones were available.

I rarely, RARELY see the blue shoulder marks for sale...though I once did see a set of CAP Warrant Officer boards for sale!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Garibaldi

I have 2 sets each of the blue and maroon. Just for the sake of posterity.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things