Why Doesn't CAP Conduct Wear Tests of New Uniforms/Uniform Items?

Started by Eagle400, April 03, 2007, 06:30:41 PM

DNall

That's kind of silly on the CG's part. They're a real small service. If they're goig to go with an AF color it sure makes since to use the same pants & save a few hundre grand. The CG is usually masterful in finding those chances.

pixelwonk

Quote from: MIKE on April 04, 2007, 05:32:16 PM
They are a different shade and weave.  In fact, the AUXMAN prohibits wear of the AF trousers with the Auxiliary uniform.
Yet, people wear regular old navy slacks or even "Dickies" work pants with their tropical blue longs.
Sheesh...
Quote from: DNall on April 04, 2007, 05:34:10 PM
That's kind of silly on the CG's part. They're a real small service. If they're goig to go with an AF color it sure makes since to use the same pants & save a few hundre grand. The CG is usually masterful in finding those chances.

So then you'd change the coat and the Winter dress blue shirt too?

DNall

Quote from: tedda on April 04, 2007, 05:37:26 PM
I wouldn't have gone to a seperate fabric in the first place. Actually I don't like that the AF has AF blue looking uniforms, but if they're going to do it then they should consolidate a few items to save some money.

It's the same thing about AC/ABU/etc... that's all one giant cluster. BDUs came along to standardize for cost savings, now everyone has to do their own thing? That a huge waste of money. The Marines just had to be different, then the Army went & made ACUs, so the AF had to follow suit, when what they should have done is just adopt ACUs & be done with it. Same thing with the stupid berets (made in china no less).

CadetProgramGuy

CadetProgramGuy

Sorry, caption says:

Give it up man!!

TP's never gonna allow that headgear!!

DNall

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Everything else is getting changed.

pixelwonk

Quote from: DNall on April 04, 2007, 05:45:20 PM
Quote from: tedda on April 04, 2007, 05:37:26 PM
I wouldn't have gone to a seperate fabric in the first place. Actually I don't like that the AF has AF blue looking uniforms, but if they're going to do it then they should consolidate a few items to save some money.

It's the same thing about AC/ABU/etc... that's all one giant cluster. BDUs came along to standardize for cost savings, now everyone has to do their own thing? That a huge waste of money. The Marines just had to be different, then the Army went & made ACUs, so the AF had to follow suit, when what they should have done is just adopt ACUs & be done with it. Same thing with the stupid berets (made in china no less).

Despite how you feel about the utility uniforms and that the Air Force has blue uniforms to begin with, the Coast Guard trousers match the coat, hence why you can't wear AF trousers.

Personally I'd be more interested in why the Coast Guard follows AF styles for it's Trops as opposed to a Navy style, since it adopts it's three dressiest uniforms from the Navy as well.

In the end, it just doesn't matter. Blue collared people get the jobs done in air and sea. :)

DNall

Quote from: tedda on April 04, 2007, 06:19:47 PM
Despite how you feel about the utility uniforms and that the Air Force has blue uniforms to begin with, the Coast Guard trousers match the coat, hence why you can't wear AF trousers.
No I completely understand their rule. Of course you don't want people wearing mis-match stuff, just like we don't let cadets where old style service coats with new style pants. That's fine. I certainly wouldn't change a CGAux rule one way or the other, I'm refering to the whole CG. If theyre were going to go with an AF colored uniform they should have used the same fabric throughout so elements like that could be shared at a cost savings to tap into the back of giant AF orders. I don't know that it'd be cheaper now to change to that.

QuotePersonally I'd be more interested in why the Coast Guard follows AF styles for it's Trops as opposed to a Navy style, since it adopts it's three dressiest uniforms from the Navy as well.
That I agree with, it's freakin wierd. Then mcPeak came along & AF officers looked like the CGAux, brilliant right there.

QuoteIn the end, it just doesn't matter. Blue collared people get the jobs done in air and sea. :)
I'll get that memo over to the Army right away.  ;D :P No doubt though, just curious as a quick efficiency aside.

Back to regularly scheduled programming... wear test/online proposal w/ comments period I believe was the topic at hand.

Major Carrales

It would be nice to see a uniform be released "whole," as opposed to being realsed....retooled...retooled...ad infinitum each time costing membership money.

Money that could be used for other more mission related matierals.

The type of test DNall and other have proposed where a website or uniform models could present the completed/in progrss uniform to the masses.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340