Reshaping the Civil Air Patrol

Started by will3947, December 04, 2013, 03:48:49 AM

Storm Chaser

Quote from: nmkaufman0 on January 08, 2014, 01:14:13 AM
A lot of your ideas are good, but for the plan to work, entire squadrons would have to be inspected.

Note: I'm not in command of anything, and I haven't been a Cadet for very long, so I don't know if they already do this, but I have never seen any officers, SM's or Cadets, from Group, Wing, or Region command and staff at my squadron's meetings unless they were there to give a lecture about ES, ICUT, ORM, etc.

A lot of things happen at the squadron that, as a C/Amn, you may not be aware of.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Storm Chaser on January 08, 2014, 06:38:37 PM

Quote from: nmkaufman0 on January 08, 2014, 01:14:13 AM
A lot of your ideas are good, but for the plan to work, entire squadrons would have to be inspected.

Note: I'm not in command of anything, and I haven't been a Cadet for very long, so I don't know if they already do this, but I have never seen any officers, SM's or Cadets, from Group, Wing, or Region command and staff at my squadron's meetings unless they were there to give a lecture about ES, ICUT, ORM, etc.

A lot of things happen at the squadron that, as a C/Amn, you may not be aware of.

+1

They don't have to be there to "inspect" to actually do so. Lecture time? Good time to assess the unit. Remember also, this isn't 1950. A phone call, an email, a text, etc is cheap and fast, and a lot of communication happens outside of the X Night Meeting.

JeffDG

Quote from: usafaux2004 on January 08, 2014, 06:48:35 PM
They don't have to be there to "inspect" to actually do so. Lecture time? Good time to assess the unit. Remember also, this isn't 1950. A phone call, an email, a text, etc is cheap and fast, and a lot of communication happens outside of the X Night Meeting.
I don't know if most, especially newer, cadets have a clue how little of the program actually occurs at the weekly meeting, and how much planning an preparation occurs by multiple people to make that weekly meeting function.