Glendale - ParadeStore.com is having a Thanksgiving 10% off sale

Started by Майор Хаткевич, November 27, 2013, 05:33:02 PM

Майор Хаткевич

If you're looking to pick up some color guard gear, I just got an email from their mailing list that starting tomorrow through 2 Dec, they are having a 10% off sale. They also have this interesting new DrillAmerica® Mark 1 Parade Rifle, running slightly cheaper than the Mark 1s most folks get. I was going to give them a call to see what the difference is. (besides having to get sling separately and the weight)

http://www.paradestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187
http://www.paradestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=311

Also this:
http://www.drillrifles.com/

SPECIAL OFFER! 10% OFF
[/size]any DrillAmerica rifle or sling with this coupon code: CO1310131
Only one coupon per customer. Expires 12/1/13.

Papabird

Code isn't working.  I wonder if they are individual codes (meaning as soon as it is used, it can't be used again.

Coupon code "CO1310131" is not valid.
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Papabird on November 27, 2013, 05:56:22 PM
Code isn't working.  I wonder if they are individual codes (meaning as soon as it is used, it can't be used again.

is that on drillrifles.com?  Either way, tomorrow the main site will have the same code, but that's interesting. I haven't used that code, so even if individual, that one should be good.

Edit. Tried and worked for me.

Papabird

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 27, 2013, 06:15:11 PM
Quote from: Papabird on November 27, 2013, 05:56:22 PM

is that on drillrifles.com?  Either way, tomorrow the main site will have the same code, but that's interesting. I haven't used that code, so even if individual, that one should be good.

Yep, used the links you provided.  :(  I will check it tomorrow.  Because that beautiful 1903 Drill Rifle is awesome!
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

TexasCadet

This sale reminds me of all the ads I keep seeing in the newspaper. It is sad that employees have to work on Thanksgiving just so stores can make an extra buck. (I'm not saying this website is doing that.) I swear, by the time I am an adult, Black Friday will have turned into Black Week.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 27, 2013, 07:32:42 PM
This sale reminds me of all the ads I keep seeing in the newspaper. It is sad that employees have to work on Thanksgiving just so stores can make an extra buck. (I'm not saying this website is doing that.) I swear, by the time I am an adult, Black Friday will have turned into Black Week.

It's getting silly, and I blame the recession. I think in 2008 the lines started at 3AM at most places. Then 2, 1, Midnight and a few years ago it started to be Black Thursday evening. It's an arms race to see who opens earliest to make the most sales, which is a downward spiral. The sad thing is that the sales aren't even that great - it's a myth like the engagement ring rules and MSRP. As an owner of an ecommerce venture, I love Cyber Monday, and offering sales on Major holidays, but only as a feel good. In our product line there is little noticible change in sales, but people have cone to expect it, so you are looking at "normal" sales or lower sales because shoppers are pissed at a lack of discounts.

TexasCadet

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 27, 2013, 07:49:00 PM
Quote from: TexasCadet on November 27, 2013, 07:32:42 PM

It's getting silly, and I blame the recession. I think in 2008 the lines started at 3AM at most places. Then 2, 1, Midnight and a few years ago it started to be Black Thursday evening. It's an arms race to see who opens earliest to make the most sales, which is a downward spiral. The sad thing is that the sales aren't even that great - it's a myth like the engagement ring rules and MSRP. As an owner of an ecommerce venture, I love Cyber Monday, and offering sales on Major holidays, but only as a feel good. In our product line there is little noticible change in sales, but people have cone to expect it, so you are looking at "normal" sales or lower sales because shoppers are pissed at a lack of discounts.

I agree with you 110%.

Eclipse

The whole thing is a ridiculous satire of American consumerism.

What used to be a fun way to spend a traditional day off with family - sleep in, kick off Christmas at Marshall Field's or Macy's
and then gorge on leftovers has been bastardized into a Hunger Games like fight for crap no one needs which will be priced lower in
6 months or replaced by something "better".

Somehow we've managed to keep our kids off this train wreck - there's never been something they "must have" and getting them to
come up with a list of "stuff" gets harder and harder every year.  #1 is on the edge of the Santa discussion and #2 won't be far behind
(A big SHOUT OUT! to those hippie parents who don't want their kids to "live in a fantasy world" and wreck things for everyone.")

The only way to win is not to play.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Quote from: Eclipse on November 27, 2013, 09:44:12 PM

Didn't we see this in a movie? With Mathew Modine Broderick, War Games I think?

I think all this starts with radio stations playing Christmas music days before Thanksgiving. These stations by doing so tells people that Thanksgiving is not important, that Christmas is to be emphasized...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

TexasCadet

Quote from: flyer333555 on November 27, 2013, 11:36:10 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 27, 2013, 09:44:12 PM

Didn't we see this in a movie? With Mathew Modine Broderick, War Games I think?

I think all this starts with radio stations playing Christmas music days before Thanksgiving. These stations by doing so tells people that Thanksgiving is not important, that Christmas is to be emphasized...

Flyer

Both Thanksgiving and Christmas are important. But what really makes me angry is seeing Christmas decorations in October. (I've even seen Halloween lights and Halloween trees. :o)

Luis R. Ramos

That is what I am trying to say.

No Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving.

Some people then end up thinking Thanksgiving is not important,and leads to stores opening on Thanksgiving Day. Maybe I am wrong, I have been wrong in many more things...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

I, for one, have been very disappointed by the overall lack of Black Friday riots and mayhem.

"That Others May Zoom"

TexasCadet

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2013, 06:48:55 PM
I, for one, have been very disappointed by the overall lack of Black Friday riots and mayhem.

Did you hear about the protesters dressed as Santa who got arrested?

PHall

Quote from: TexasCadet on November 30, 2013, 07:02:45 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2013, 06:48:55 PM

Did you hear about the protesters dressed as Santa who got arrested?

Walmart does NOT have a sense of humour when confronted with employees who want to unionize.

TexasCadet

Especially when those employees sit down in an intersection.

JayT

Read Barbara Ehrenreich's 'Nickle and Dimed: On Not Getting By In America," especially the last section when she works as a Walmart Associate for several weeks. It's un-American the position that society puts the working poor in this nation.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

TexasCadet

Quote from: JayT on December 01, 2013, 09:40:03 PM
Read Barbara Ehrenreich's 'Nickle and Dimed: On Not Getting By In America," especially the last section when she works as a Walmart Associate for several weeks. It's un-American the position that society puts the working poor in this nation.

They should not obstruct traffic.

JayT

Quote from: TexasCadet on December 02, 2013, 03:44:53 PM

The world isn't black and white buddy.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Eclipse

True enough, which means the "WALMart is evil" nonsense goes both ways as well.

"Society" doesn't put people anywhere, generally that is decisions made (or not made) by the people involved.

Yes, there are pressures and prejudices which make things significantly more difficult for a chunk of society which
is in turn ill-prepared to make good decisions on their own behalf, that doesn't change the conversation.

It is, in fact, a very complicated conversation.

"That Others May Zoom"

TexasCadet

Quote from: JayT on December 02, 2013, 04:52:31 PM
Quote from: TexasCadet on December 02, 2013, 03:44:53 PM

The world isn't black and white buddy.

[rant]

Okay. It is either the U.S. Constitution or the Texas Constitution that says we the people have the right to abolish the government and form a new one (either the U.S. or the Texas one, depending on which constitution it is). All I have to do is gather a couple of people, sit down in the middle of I-35, and wait for my way to happen. I know people who are poor aren't always in that situation because of themselves. But, newsflash, bud- 99.99% of the time, you shouldn't break the law to get your way.

[/rant]

Quote from: Eclipse on December 02, 2013, 05:05:45 PM
True enough, which means the "WALMart" is evil nonsense goes both ways as well.

"Society" doesn't put people anywhere, generally that is decisions made (or not made) by the people involved.

Yes, there are pressures and prejudices which make things significantly more difficult for a chunk of society which
is in turn ill-prepared to make good decisions on their own behalf, that doesn't change the conversation.

It is, in fact, a very complicated conversation.

+1