Cutting down the total number of uniform

Started by LtCol White, March 23, 2007, 02:40:20 PM

Should we eliminate all uniform combinations so that we only have one of each USAF uniform and one of each corresponding Corporate uniform. Blues/TPU, BDU/BBDU, Flight Suit/Blue Flight Suit?

YES
37 (84.1%)
NO
7 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

LtCol White

Lets make this strictly a poll with no debate. Please only vote for your preference.

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

MIKE

What if you think the number of uniforms should be cut down, but you don't think it should necessarily be a 1 for 1 equivalency with the AF style uniforms?
Mike Johnston

LtCol White

Well the point of the poll is SHOULD there be a one for one.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

A.Member

Quote from: LtCol White on March 23, 2007, 04:01:22 PM
Oops...then I need to change my answer.  There can and should be fewer corporate options - only 2 are needed (dress and field).

p.s.  I know that was a comment.  Call the firing squad, if you must.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

LtCol White

Quote from: A.Member on March 23, 2007, 04:31:26 PM
Oops...then I need to change my answer.  There can and should be fewer corporate options - only 2 are needed (dress and field).

Dont forget the flight suit. So there are 3
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

A.Member

Quote from: LtCol White on March 23, 2007, 04:37:28 PM

That's not really needed as a corporate uniform.  You can fly in any uniform.  The AF-style flight suit should be the only option as an incentive.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

MIKE

I edited the poll so that you can change your vote if necessary.
Mike Johnston

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

LtCol White

Quote from: A.Member on March 23, 2007, 04:39:23 PM

That's not really needed as a corporate uniform.  You can fly in any uniform.  The AF-style flight suit should be the only option as an incentive.

Yes, but since there is a Green flight suit as part of the USAF closet, the blue goes with the Corp closet. Those not meeting standards for the USAF uniforms cannot wear the green flight suit.

So if there is a one for one, it has to cover all 3 regardless of which they choose to wear.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

A.Member

Quote from: LtCol White on March 23, 2007, 04:43:37 PM
Yes, but since there is a Green flight suit as part of the USAF closet, the blue goes with the Corp closet. Those not meeting standards for the USAF uniforms cannot wear the green flight suit.

So if there is a one for one, it has to cover all 3 regardless of which they choose to wear.
Agreed but my stance is that there doesn't need to be one to one.  The corporate uniforms should only satisfy the basic minimum requirement.  The goal being to get more people into the AF-style uniform.  When my squadron publishes UoD for our meetings, we don't even mention the corporate uniform because no one wears it.  Everyone wears the AF-style.  Since having a flight suit is not a requirement to fly, no corporate flight suit is needed.  I only see the need for 2 corporate uniforms.

LtCol White

OK. remember, this is not a debate thread. Only a poll based on should there be a one for one of uniforms.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

A.Member

Quote from: LtCol White on March 23, 2007, 04:53:46 PM
OK. remember, this is not a debate thread. Only a poll based on should there be a one for one of uniforms.

Sorry (I did change my vote though).  ;D

LtCol White

No prob. I just think it would be helpful to know what folks think if this was the option.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

DNall

Quote from: LtCol White on March 23, 2007, 04:43:37 PM
Quote from: A.Member on March 23, 2007, 04:39:23 PM

Some wings require nomex for flying, which I support to a certain extent.

I'd add some loose rules for what is considered a PT uniform versus civies (insurance purposes), and clarify flexibility for certain activities... gliders for sure, maybe some stuff for encampments & such, pretty tight rules though, and spell out that it be mandatory to state a UOD for the event or duty.

Sorry, that was comments too. Just trying to clarify little details on the back end.

RogueLeader

Forget the firing squad. . . . roll out the <drum roll>  infamas <drum roll maxes out ear drums> 2B
WYWG DP

GRW 3340