aircraft maintenance fees double

Started by starshippe, July 08, 2013, 06:02:46 PM

starshippe

just a comment....
   i did a search to see if there was an existing thread on the recent doubling of the aircraft maintenance fees, but did not see any posts.
   apparently it did not cause much of a stir in the general population.
   it did cause a stir at our last squadron meeting.

bill

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

a2capt

An excerpt ..
QuoteCAPR 173-3 has been revised and is effective next Monday, 1 July 2013.  This version incorporates new minor maintenance rates for all corporate aircraft operations, and includes changes that will impact each of you in how you are reimbursed for funded missions.  These same rates apply to unfunded flying as well. 

Some, but not all of the changes include:

Rates applicable to all flight hours in corporate aircraft, with some exceptions;
C-182 hourly rate increases from $37 to $45 per hour
C-206 hourly rate increases from $48 to $62 per hour
Exceptions are for several mission symbols requiring pre-authorization and funding by Wing, or by outside agencies who are charged different rates.
I wouldn't call that double. Unless there's yet more New Math revisions.

Eclipse

Looks more like 17% on the airframes most CAP pilots care about. It's about 12% on 172s.
GA-8's went up as well.

Also, irrelevant when flying funded, so fly funded missions instead of hamburger runs.

Quote from: starshippe on July 08, 2013, 06:02:46 PM
   it did cause a stir at our last squadron meeting.

Imagine the outrage facts would cause!

"That Others May Zoom"

starshippe

just the facts, ma'am.....

our squadron has been flying sundown patrols since before i joined, in '83.

lately, we have been sending in $29/hr for maintenance. now, we will have to send in $59/hr for maintenance.

bill

Eclipse

Quote from: starshippe on July 08, 2013, 08:26:20 PM
   lately, we have been sending in $29/hr for maintenance. now, we will have to send in $59 for maintenance.

Sending it in where?

"That Others May Zoom"

Offutteer

What airframe? That could be the issue.  I saw some of the 182s were higher than others.

jeders

Quote from: starshippe on July 08, 2013, 08:26:20 PM
just the facts, ma'am.....

our squadron has been flying sundown patrols since before i joined, in '83.

lately, we have been sending in $29/hr for maintenance. now, we will have to send in $59/hr for maintenance.

bill

You mean $38/hr, right? I assume, based on the old rate of 29, that you are flying a 172, using table 1 shows that you would now have to pay $38/hr. The $59/hr is for non-USAF customers, not members.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse