Hey ... Did Ya Notice?

Started by ColonelJack, March 15, 2007, 01:57:38 PM

Trung Si Ma

Can we get Maroon Airline Rank Stripes on the sleeves of the leather jacket?
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

LtCol White

OK, now lets not make the new uniform tacky. We're shooting for a professional look here. Silly suggestions are not helpful or productive.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

lordmonar

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on March 20, 2007, 02:03:55 PM
Can we get Maroon Airline Rank Stripes on the sleeves of the leather jacket?

No!  maroon is the forbidden color....in fact we should pass a CAPR that makes maroon a non-con color and uttering the "M" word would be an automatic 2b offense!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: lordmonar on March 15, 2007, 07:41:50 PM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 15, 2007, 07:16:56 PM

This is the twenty-first century.  Shouldn't we be thinking Light-staffs, ala Sith gear?  ;D

Ohhh....I like the way you think!.....we can use the color of the blades to tell what rank you are!!

It's Liightsaber, not light staff.
get it straight ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 20, 2007, 05:34:31 PM

This is the twenty-first century.  Shouldn't we be thinking Light-staffs, ala Sith gear?  ;D

Ohhh....I like the way you think!.....we can use the color of the blades to tell what rank you are!!

get it straight ;)

NO! I want a light scimitar, with a nice broad curve.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

Yeah, and I want a Super Star Destroyer, it ain't gonna happen, at least right now.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DNall

dude I'm still waiting on my hover car to be issued to me. Disney promised when I was a kid on that world of tomorrow show, & I'm STILL waiting.

RogueLeader

Well the Air Force tried building hovercraft in the 50's and 60's but it didn't work.  I don't see how Disney could beat Brother Blue.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DNall

That was the 50s, come a long way since then, and you know very well mickey can do anything, especially with that scrooge guy to finance it.

sardak

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 20, 2007, 07:07:13 PM
Well the Air Force tried building hovercraft in the 50's and 60's but it didn't work.  I don't see how Disney could beat Brother Blue.

Probably not, but our amphibious brothers figured out the concept well enough to get these:

USMC LCAC

USN Fact Sheet LCAC

Mike

alexalvarez

How about extra large pockets on the uniform so we can store cookies, cakes, doughnuts, candy and diet sodas?
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

LTC_Gadget

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 20, 2007, 05:34:31 PM

get it straight ;)

Well, I was referring to the double-ended device that Darth Moll carried, not the electronic version of the swords, sabres, scimitars that everyone else carries..  In the non-electronic martial arts, that long stick is referred to as a staff.. Add the electronics.... light staff.  K?...

John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

BillB

If the light staff was used Nationally, wouldn't that be a National Staff?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Psicorp

Quote from: alexalvarez on March 22, 2007, 04:19:20 AM
How about extra large pockets on the uniform so we can store cookies, cakes, doughnuts, candy and diet sodas?

I'm certain a florescent green/pink fanny pack could be authorized, sir. 
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

davedove

Quote from: DNall on March 20, 2007, 06:34:49 PM
dude I'm still waiting on my hover car to be issued to me. Disney promised when I was a kid on that world of tomorrow show, & I'm STILL waiting.

Or, to quote Red Foreman from That 70's Show, "They promised me hovercraft!" ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003