Main Menu

I made a CAP brochure

Started by Stonewall, March 21, 2013, 07:51:18 PM

Stonewall

I wanted a simple CAP brochure that I could use locally and edit as needed.  It doesn't look bad in black and white, either.

Just edit to cater your needs and you've got yourself a very inexpensive pamphlet to hand out.  In this case, it's for our open house night in May.
Serving since 1987.

Walkman

Dude, when you decide to do something, you jump in with both feet don't you! You've been out of active participation in CAP for a bit, then you come back with more energy and dedication that a fair chunk of the SMs I've seen.  :clap:

Any chance I could find a job that would entice you to relocate the the SW Michigan area, say somewhere that would be an easy commute to my squadron?  ;)

Stonewall

Quote from: Walkman on March 21, 2013, 08:12:45 PM
Any chance I could find a job that would entice you to relocate the the SW Michigan area, say somewhere that would be an easy commute to my squadron?  ;)

Funny you should say that.  I just checked out a job somewhere in Michigan today.  Actually applied for a job in Mass though.

You get me a job that I'll enjoy, and I'll consider it.  Really.
Serving since 1987.

johnnyb47

Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

High Speed Low Drag

Here is the one I did a few years ago.  Feel free to steal any ideas or LOL.
On yours, I would recommend using Word's FORMAT tab to pre-color to grayscale so you can adjust brightness / contrast if you need to in pre-production.  Copiers tend to copy grayscale more accurately than color.

But, if your can, I would also make some color 8 1/2 x 11 posters using the same pictures for attention getters.  Overall, I like the color version of it.  Do need to fill a little of the white space.

Also, as I mentioned on another thread, Kinkos (at least mine) charges only .03 to tri-fold brochures you take them.  Get 500 folded for $ 15 - a good investment.

Good job, dude.  If you need more help with recruiting, I'd be happy to share more stuff.  Also  (CAPTALK thread: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1704 ... #msg307207  )

G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

Pylon

Since we're sharing recruiting materials made at the squadron level, I've attached a flyer I did for my squadron.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

I literally spent a combined one hour working on my brochure, but love what HSLD did and will continue working on mine. 

I'd love to have a few options of nothing but kick-butt recruiting pamphlets, flyers, posters, etc. to advertise with confidence.  I have yet to really see a CAP brochure that really screamed "Come join us if you think you're awesome enough".
Serving since 1987.

High Speed Low Drag

I plan on stealing Pylon's poster...... 
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

Pylon

Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on March 22, 2013, 02:36:52 AM

Do you have Adobe InDesign?  If so, I can send you (and anybody else who wants to use it) the raw file and you can swap out photos of your own cadets, your own unit emblem, URL, info, etc.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Pylon on March 22, 2013, 03:13:13 AM
Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on March 22, 2013, 02:36:52 AM

Do you have Adobe InDesign?  If so, I can send you (and anybody else who wants to use it) the raw file and you can swap out photos of your own cadets, your own unit emblem, URL, info, etc.
Please send them to me.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

Private Investigator

Very good work indeed.   :clap:

Pylon

For those who requested the Adobe InDesign file for my flyer, it is attached.  This is CS6.  If you need it saved down to a legacy format (CS5 or earlier) let me know and I can upload a down-versioned file.

a2capt

Duke Dillio

Quote from: Stonewall on March 22, 2013, 02:23:16 AM
I literally spent a combined one hour working on my brochure, but love what HSLD did and will continue working on mine. 

I'd love to have a few options of nothing but kick-butt recruiting pamphlets, flyers, posters, etc. to advertise with confidence.  I have yet to really see a CAP brochure that really screamed "Come join us if you think you're awesome enough".

Try this one...

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Infamous Meerkat

It's comically awesome.  :D  Do you have any idea what the event is that has cadets with red dummy rifles? I would like to try and do some kind of mock combat conditioning / ES / survival training.... If it were allowed by regs and such.

Before anybody throws flaming poo at me for saying that, I would naturally focus the event on ES/Land nav/survival and such more than combat conditioning, I just think it would generate a really good response with some of the younger and less enthused (more prone to stay at home on the game-thingy) cadets.
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

Stonewall

Quote from: The Infamous Meerkat on March 26, 2013, 02:46:18 PM
It's comically awesome.  :D  Do you have any idea what the event is that has cadets with red dummy rifles? I would like to try and do some kind of mock combat conditioning / ES / survival training.... If it were allowed by regs and such.

Before anybody throws flaming poo at me for saying that, I would naturally focus the event on ES/Land nav/survival and such more than combat conditioning, I just think it would generate a really good response with some of the younger and less enthused (more prone to stay at home on the game-thingy) cadets.

Take a look at this:  http://www.cadetsurvivalschool.org/
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

The event with the red rifles is a pic from Advanced PJOC.  I stole borrowed it after I found it on a google search.

The Infamous Meerkat

Thanks Gents, I appreciate the links and input! That seems like a pretty outstanding concept.
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC