Main Menu

Tn Wing H.M. Graphic

Started by cpyahoo, February 19, 2013, 05:38:43 PM

cpyahoo

Awhile back, someone had a graphic of a Hawk Mountain patch that replaced the Keystone with the siloutette of Tennessee.  Anyone got that so I can copy it?

JROB

Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

cpyahoo

Dracosbane

Here's IN in case anyone wants it.

Rick-DEL

Nice. I wonder if Delaware has one....

Luis R. Ramos

Why all of a sudden people are interested in Hawk patches with their state on it?

Is there a secret Hawk society by state?

Has anyone checked to see if the Hawk patch is copyrighted??  >:D

Although I am not a Hawk graduate, I would like to know if someone has a Hawk patch with the maps of New York or Puerto Rico...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Dracosbane

Here's Texas.

As far as other Wings, I'm just doing this for fun.  I might be persuaded to do other wings...

I take bribes for graphic designs.

Luis R. Ramos

So I can hope that someday, some month I will see New York and Puerto Rico...?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

Stonewall

I just happened to find the FLWG HMRS patch durring a Google search once and thought it was cool.  I only attended the Hawk Winter course.
Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Eclipse

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 21, 2013, 11:28:45 PM
Whats the story on the "LL"

It's an emoticon of a bemused guy looking to his left.

Quote from: Dracosbane on February 21, 2013, 08:00:23 PM

Actually: http://dragon.sleepdeprived.ca/camping/camping_9.htm  but  none of you looking at this will ever see it as anything but a face ever again! MWAAAAHHHHHH!

"That Others May Zoom"

sarmed1

LL

is the air to ground signal for have found all personnel or have found all missing personnel depending on where you look.

It is specific to the underscore.....without that it means all well....

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Flying Pig

How do you transmit the signal?  Stomp it out in the snow or something?  Make it with sticks?

vento

It's part of Air/Ground coordination. Task O-2021. Use any available material.
http://www.nesa.cap.gov/curriculum_material/mas/acfltg_-_11_apr_05.pdf

I just wonder the percentage of MP and MO that actually remembers all this stuff. I sure don't remember it without looking it up first.  :angel:

sarmed1

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 22, 2013, 12:38:13 AM
How do you transmit the signal?  Stomp it out in the snow or something?  Make it with sticks?

Personally I like the cut down giant trees, trim the branches off, lay them out and them light them on fire!!!

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

a2capt

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 22, 2013, 12:38:13 AMHow do you transmit the signal?  Stomp it out in the snow or something?  Make it with sticks?
However you can. Fire, sticks, trenches, arranged debris, yellow snow lines.. whatever. Followed by, "but I'd/We'd like to get out of here as soon as possible.." perhaps.

ColonelJack

Quote from: sarmed1 on February 22, 2013, 01:06:51 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on February 22, 2013, 12:38:13 AM

Personally I like the cut down giant trees, trim the branches off, lay them out and them light them on fire!!!

mk

But if you spell out "SOS" with your fiery logs, and Gilligan stumbles into one and changes it to read "SOL", then ... that's what you'll be.

(Or a spacecraft with a guy named Sol will fly overhead and you won't get rescued, you'll get a hello back to you.)

Oh heavens, I just referenced "Gilligan's Island."  I'm officially ready for the Home.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Luis R. Ramos

I still wanna see both PR and New York maps superimposed on the Hawk patch... Not together but on separate patches.

I saw Indiana map on that patch, I lived in Indiana and was the site of my first CAP squadron, Bloomington.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer

JROB

QuoteWhy all of a sudden people are interested in Hawk patches with their state on it?

Truthfully I was bored at work one day and I looked at the symbolism in the hawk patch and thought "hey why not make one for TN?" Doesn't have to mean it's a "Ranger" patch just something cool for the ES folks.

Here ya go for NYWG

Also, I thought that NYWG has a pretty cool ES patch

Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky