Main Menu

Underwear?

Started by KirkF22, August 29, 2012, 10:12:29 PM

ol'fido

As an old infantry guy, let me say this. If you are going to be doing a lot of walking in them, do not wear jockey shorts. Most of the seasoned soldiers would wear silk running shorts for road marches. Bike shorts were also an option. For normal, go to my weekly meeting, etc. just wear what you normally wear. I don't know about the UA or new synthetics but unless your doing some serious distance marching, I would save my money.

Also, if you are going to do some serious road marching(10+ miles), do not carry anything in your pants pockets especially the cargo pockets. After a few miles, they will start rubbing on your legs and make "strawberry" sores.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Cool Mace

Quote from: KirkF22 on August 29, 2012, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: Cool Mace on August 29, 2012, 10:22:48 PM
I have a bad feeling about CPPT and this thread...  :o

Whats wrong with the thread? Its not inopropriate at all. Just a question about underwear.

Just a joke...

CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

Stonewall

10 years in the Infantry I never wore underwear in BDUs or anything for that matter.  It wasn't until I had to start wearing suits in 2001 that I had to buy underwear to put on daily.  Still today, I can't stand wearing underwear with jeans.  ABUs are are just too coarse to not wear underwear and these days I wear Underarmor Boxer-Briefs, which have been my underwear of choice since about 2006.

FWIW - in a flight suit, I wear "Ranger Panties" or "Silkies".

Serving since 1987.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Stonewall on August 31, 2012, 12:51:54 AMI never wore underwear in BDUs or anything for that matter.
oh gawd.   ಠ_ಠ
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

bflynn

Quote from: KirkF22 on August 29, 2012, 10:24:07 PMJust a question about underwear.

Appropriate underwear.

Pylon

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on August 31, 2012, 01:13:02 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on August 31, 2012, 12:51:54 AMI never wore underwear in BDUs or anything for that matter.
oh gawd.   ಠ_ಠ

Being infantry also, I'm almost positive he doesn't mean what you're thinking.  He probably means he wore PT shorts with BDUs or cammie, rather than underwear.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

No, I did not wear ANY underwear, period.  It was fairly common at the time, I'd say at least 50% did not wear underwear in BDUs.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on August 31, 2012, 02:54:11 PM
No, I did not wear ANY underwear, period.  It was fairly common at the time, I'd say at least 50% did not wear underwear in BDUs.

Oh, I stand corrected.  :o
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Warning - mental images cannot be erased by gouging out your eyes!

"That Others May Zoom"

LGM30GMCC

I've never understood the 'ZOMG He's not wearing underwear!' reaction to this.  ::)

But there are thousands if not millions of people who go every day without. In some parts of the world it is far more common. Especially in places where they wear robes and undergarments or pants actually restrict the airflow that help keeps them cool.

Now if it's all in good fun...have at it. 8)

Garibaldi

Quote from: LGM30GMCC on August 31, 2012, 03:31:50 PM
I've never understood the 'ZOMG He's not wearing underwear!' reaction to this.  ::)

But there are thousands if not millions of people who go every day without. In some parts of the world it is far more common. Especially in places where they wear robes and undergarments or pants actually restrict the airflow that help keeps them cool.

You mean...like Scotland?  >:D
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AngelWings

Quote from: Eclipse on August 31, 2012, 03:19:50 PM
Warning - mental images cannot be erased by gouging out your eyes!
You did save me one eye  ;)

Critical AOA

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 31, 2012, 03:38:16 PM
Quote from: LGM30GMCC on August 31, 2012, 03:31:50 PM

Yeah, the men wear skirts over there.  >:D
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

a2capt

Critical AOA

:clap:
That was hilarious! 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 31, 2012, 03:38:16 PM

Having a bit of fair Alba (no, not Jessica) along with the Auld Sod in my bloodline, I resemble that remark!

My uncle told me that when he was stationed in the UK in the early '50s, some Scots troops of the British Army visited them.  He said they were great guys until one of the USAF guys who had "taken drink" remarked about "men wearing dresses" and the Scots beat the pulp out of him.

My dad told me that back when he was in the Army (late '50s) he was issued boxers.  He promptly told the 1st Sgt "I am not wearing those!"  1st Sgt said, "OK, but you need them in your footlocker for inspection."

Great Bog in Devon, what a thread...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ol'fido

"I want the digital underwear" >:D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

AngelWings

Quote from: ol'fido on September 01, 2012, 12:46:25 AM
"I want the digital underwear" >:D
Oh gawd, sir. Must I show you the beautiful lingere I've seen in ACU?

Devil Doc

I diont know if it is wierd, but i wear, Boxers, the shorts/silkies, the the BDU pants. Under everything i wear shorts/silkies and boxers. Its an military thing, i think.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.